How to improve your accuracy with the FNX - Page 3

FN Forum

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree73Thanks

Thread: How to improve your accuracy with the FNX

Lookin forward to trying a few of these things I think the jerking trigger is the most common problem
    Have owned
    browning hi powered
    sig p226
    jennings 9mm(eww)

Now own
    fnx .40 silver slide
    FN, H&K, S&W only guns I'll buy!!

everyone, just keep in mind that trigger pull is the #1 thing you need to focus on for accurate shooting. Get your sights lined up and slowly pull the trigger. Just keep that front sight blade on the target and let the gun do it's thing. Don't try to make it fire. Focus on keeping the sight in the right spot while getting the trigger back so it will fire. Don't fire the gun, let the gun fire.

edit I'm changing this to #2.
    Focusing on the front sight is #1.

If you use isometric grip (off hand tension) the trigger pull has less impact on where you shoot, but it's still damn important.

error gap.png
    Last edited by jathtech; 05-28-2013 at 06:17 AM.
    Radarcontact and Gramaton Cleric thanked this.

hi everyone this my first post on the forum. Anyway i bought an fnx 9 at the begining of the year . I found the poa was not the same as my fnp .45. This gun is set up with battle sights. These sights use the cover the target or a 12 o'clock hold. Heres a pic from a recent range trip. I shot from about 25 feet an not 25 yds like i wrote on the target. I hope this will help those newbies to this gun like my self.Image05212012165510.jpg

I've been going to competitions with my FNX 40, and I'm finding that you're right. Every time I try to use the top blade for the steel at 20 yards, I have a tough time hitting them. I switched to the combat sighting, and I'm hitting them more frequently. It may just be that it's dark though. I think that out to a certain distance, you should have the habit of using a holdover anyway. Pistol rounds drop faster than rifle rounds, and I've always used a holdover with a rifle.

Out of the box I was better with the FNX than my Glocks and my new Walther PPQ.The FNX grip angle for me, combined with the light weight is just amazing! So amazing that I am selling off the PPQ to get another FN.

Thanks for your great information!
    A violation of my constitutional rights can result in a violation of your life expectancy.

Jahttech
    Great overall thread. Really got me to thinking about my recent low and left issues with my fnp 45. I have mainly used the 6 o'clock image but have used both image 2 and 3 in trying to correct my problem. However, I'm pretty sure my problems lie in flinch and trigger pull.

I am just curious if maybe there is a time to use each image based on distance, ie maybe the correct sight picture for targets out to maybe 15 feet would be image 1, between 15 and 30 ft would be image 2, and targets past 30 ft you would use image 3. I don't know. In my mind I can see how a bullet could rise a few inches as soon as it leaves the muzzle due to lift then flying flat for a distance before gravity starts tugging it lower.

I am certainly no expert as I am pretty new to handguns and don't have the opportunity to shoot very often. Just sharing some thoughts your thread has generated.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by cutter11; 06-24-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    FellintoOblivion thanked this.
    "Ne Marchez Pas Sur Moi"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

dont forget when you go to the range the target holders hang low. What i do is line the pistol up with the target before running it out to see how low it hangs. Some range hangers seem to be lower
    to ensure new shooter aim at the floor it seems.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Just my 2cents on trigger pull...

(I haven't shot handguns much, but I was a kid champ with comp .22LR, and shot expert for 20 years USAF; trigger pull is trigger pull regardless of the weapon I would think.)

My shooting coach, in my early days when trying to get me to stop "pulling" the trigger, brought me over to a lower receiver he was working on. He showed me the pivot pin of the trigger itself. He told me that instead of "pulling" the trigger back (and pulling the gun with it, like I was doing), to visually picture that pivot point, and when I want the gun to go off I should concentrate on trying to HELP the trigger rotate/pivot on that pin.

I know this sounds kind of lame, but it was one of the things I have done my whole life (that visualization). It keeps me from pulling the trigger to the side while I pull it back. I think that's the part that works for me. Straight back along that pivot line until "Bang".

iPad/TapaTalk
    Gers4Lyfe and Scaryfast thanked this.

Bought a FNP 9 couple of months ago. Finally started hitting the (X) with "Vaporize" POA. Called FN and the rep told me the FNPs are zeroed a 25yards. Apple on the stick picture. Told me I would have to go to a lower front sight or a taller rear sight. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by JM38 View Post
    Bought a FNP 9 couple of months ago. Finally started hitting the (X) with "Vaporize" POA. Called FN and the rep told me the FNPs are zeroed a 25yards. Apple on the stick picture. Told me I would have to go to a lower front sight or a taller rear sight. Go figure.
    Sorry for the noob question, but what do you mean by '"Vaporize" POA'???

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links