FNX9 sticking mag release. Empty mag drop/release issue... *Video clips - Page 3

FN Forum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member KIRK'S AWAY TEAM (GOLD SHIRT) rvrctyrngr's Avatar
    As stated previously, I don't think flashing is your issue since the gun is not new and this is a recently developed problem. Not sure I have any suggestions for you, SRG.
    Director:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
    -Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes
    Brown v. United States, 1921

ive gotten mine to do this. see if you are doing this too. when i push on the mag release(doesnt matter which side) and push a little forward the release button can move back towards the backstrap a little and will cause the mag to stick until you let go.

and also it looks like you are doing this in your video. you push on the forward part. try pushing on the furthest point towards the back of the release and see if it still does it. and to my last reply, pushing the release back will make that issue happen on my friends FNX too, i have three that have one.

had the same thing happen when i first got my FNX-9. Was practicing mag reloads with an empty mag and noticed the same thing with all three mags. (Got pretty good at changing mags at least) but looked and couldn't see anything inside the magwell hanging up or sticking out that shouldn't. Loaded one mag up full 17 rounds and it worked, attributed it to heavier weight than empty mag. Noticed like the orginal video #2, pushed the mag release, and kept it pushed in, didn't release mag. Let go of release, and mag drops free and clear of magwell. Kept switching mags to see if it got any better, and after awhile, working on mag changes, the problem went away. Figured it worked itself out since it was a brand new gun, unfired/unused... Never had a problem with it since then. Maybe just needs to be used/work in a bit.

Chalk me up as another person who has had this problem develop, after about 1000 rounds. Last year when when it was new, they dropped free with no problems. Having not shot in the past few months during winter (it was stored inside, cleaned & lubed), I took it out the other day, and none of my 5 mags would drop free. I cleaned the magwell and mag-release, it improved slightly, but not enough. With the slide closed or off, I get about 50% success, but with the slide locked back, it just won't do it ever. It drops about 1/4 to 1/2 inch and stops, and it's not even close, it takes a pull to get it out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links