FNX-9mm as first CC pistol?

FN Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FNX-9mm as first CC pistol?

I'm waiting for my CPL to come in. Meanwhile out looking for a first CC pistol.

Had my eye on the M&P 9mm Compact With safety. Than a friend picked up a FNX 9mm and fell in love!

Don't know to much about the gun other than the works. I seen it brand new for $559.00(cheapest ive seen)

Also ive heard its not good for CC, Anyone CC the FNX?

Please someone help me should I get that as my first gun? Pros and Cons? Does FNH offer warranty?

Strictly for cc? In my opinion I wouldn't. Bought mine for 75%Home defense, 25%Range, 10% CC....hahahaha, something like that.

*lots of people cc the FNX. sounds like they like it too

First off: FN's warranty, if the gun breaks due to design or bad parts, FN will fix it for free. If there have been modifications to the mechanical operation, they will not work on it.

Can you CC an FNX? Absolutely. It's a light gun. However, it's kind of thick due to it being a full-size double stack gun, and the grip is a bit long and may print. My FNP-9 is pretty much the same size, and while I can conceal it, it prints if I do any bending (I'm 6'3" 175 pounds). IMO, these guns are a touch too large to conceal well and there are better options.
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

Senior Member KAC-SR-25-EMCARBINE's Avatar
    I CC with my FNX 9's. If you choose an FNX, depending on how you choose to carry it (decocked, half cocked, full cocked/ safety on vs. safety off.), you need to burn your preferred method of carry, and your draw technique into your psychological and physical response. Also, get a good holster (Crossbreed Supertuck, White Hat Holsters' Maxtuck, etc...).

It's totally up to you as to whether or not you'd like to carry it as your first gun. Most people go with "idiot guns" (Glocks, XD(M)'s, etc...) because they lack a safety, which could cause them to foul up a CC draw.

As for me, I'd trust mine anytime any day. The FNX 9 is a smooth shooting, accurate, reliable, bad mama jama.

FNH's warranty will cover you for the service life of the pistol, or as long as they have parts available to fix any issues you may encounter.

P.S. Welcome! Hope you decide to stick around!

Also, should you decide an FNX 9 is in your future, look in the for sale section. A member here (grayokc) has listed a near new black FNX 9 for sale today, and he's currently taking offers on it. If I didn't already have two of them, I'd PM him in regards to it. Heck, honestly, I almost inquired about it. Twice. .
    Make no mistake my friend. It isn't the revenge I'm after, it's the reckoning.

Homo Qui Spectat Mortem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Youtube/Conspiritus 1-13, by: Xendrius. Full version available here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NWO, Secret Societies, and Biblical Prophecy Vol. 1., by Leonard Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by KAC-SR-25-EMCARBINE View Post
    I CC with my FNX 9's. If you choose an FNX, depending on how you choose to carry it (decocked, half cocked, full cocked/ safety on vs. safety off.), you need to burn your preferred method of carry, and your draw technique into your psychological and physical response. Also, get a good holster (Crossbreed Supertuck, White Hat Holsters' Maxtuck, etc...).

It's totally up to you as to whether or not you'd like to carry it as your first gun. Most people go with "idiot guns" (Glocks, XD(M)'s, etc...) because they lack a safety, which could cause them to foul up a CC draw.

As for me, I'd trust mine anytime any day. The FNX 9 is a smooth shooting, accurate, reliable, bad mama jama.

FNH's warranty will cover you for the service life of the pistol, or as long as they have parts available to fix any issues you may encounter.

P.S. Welcome! Hope you decide to stick around!

Also, should you decide an FNX 9 is in your future, look in the for sale section. A member here (grayokc) has listed a near new black FNX 9 for sale today, and he's currently taking offers on it. If I didn't already have two of them, I'd PM him in regards to it. Heck, honestly, I almost inquired about it. Twice. .

Thank you alot for your help!

If its not a problem can you send me a picture of ur fnx in the holster?

Senior Member KAC-SR-25-EMCARBINE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickb View Post
    Thank you alot for your help!

If its not a problem can you send me a picture of ur fnx in the holster?
    Here's a link showing an FNX in a Crossbreed Supertuck:
    Crossbreed Supe Tuck for my FNX 40 has arrived

I use a Blackhawk size 3 strapless right hander, which is much cheaper, but far inferior to a holster such as the Crossbreed. Here are a couple pictures of mine:
    PHONE Photos #2 4-8-2012 054.jpgPHONE Photos #2 4-8-2012 045.jpg

I'd get both styles, if you have the available coin. More options is better.

Hope this helps.
    Make no mistake my friend. It isn't the revenge I'm after, it's the reckoning.

Homo Qui Spectat Mortem.

Youtube/Conspiritus 1-13, by: Xendrius. Full version available here:

NWO, Secret Societies, and Biblical Prophecy Vol. 1., by Leonard Ulrich

Thank you Kac! I think i will be going with the Max tuck. not big fan of the crossbread. They take to long to ship

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter Mystro's Avatar
    I carry the FNX40 and the FNS 9mm as a CC. It's not too big and it's really a matter of what holster you choose. I can carry the FNS anywhere I can carry my Glock27.

Galco currently makes the Summer Comfort and a few other holsters for the FNX.

In my opinion, the "negatives" towards using the FNX as a CC pistol are equally applicable to any full size pistol as well as many sub-compact double-stack pistols.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links