Thinking about fnx40... but not sure

FN Forum

Google Search

Thinking about fnx40... but not sure

I'm really thinking about getting a fnx 40. I really like the design and the feel of the gun but I've read so much negative that it's leading me away from it. This will be my first handgun and i really don't want to buy a pos. I understand the reputation that fnh has as a military firearms manufacturer but the fn seems to me to be an unproven design. I have grown up shooting every sort of firearm imaginable and feel fairly confident with my ability to handle a handgun. I have shot a a bunch of m&ps, 1911's, glocks(hate them), xd's(also not a fan), and Beretta's but have never shot an fn. I was thinking i wanted to go with something that was da/sa like the beretta but i liked the fact that i could carry the fnx cocked and locked like a 1911. I'm not a huge fan of striker fired handguns but the m&p is alright. Right now the fnx40 is on the top of my list for handguns i'm considering followed by sig229 40, m&p40, and 1911. I don't really want to spend a ton of money which is why the sig and 1911 aren't higher up. The fnx40 is a option that is slowly fading because of the issues that i have read about it. What do you think???

those are old issues and are fixed now, ive had mine for about a year now with no hickups or any type of failures with every type of ammo i put through it. In other words i would trust my life with the FNX.

I carry my FNX-9 daily. Love it. Over 1200 rounds through it and no issues. Do some more research. Any issues with the FNX have pretty much been resolved in the last 2 years. The da/sa ability of the gun is terrific, and the accuracy ( at least with the -9) is outstanding. I trust this weapon implicitly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I appreciate the advice.

the FNX40 was my first handgun and i couldnt be any happier. i have close to 2000 rounds thru it with ZERO issues. in fact i'm trying to force a malfunction by not cleaning or oiling it, 500 rounds and zero issues. i have had buddies get real jealous of it, they spent a few grand on 1911's and kimbers and i can shoot just as well as them. it's deadnuts accurate too, i was putting 30 rounds in a 6" circle at 10 feet within two weeks of owning it.

i have introduced my wife, cousin, wife's friends, and my brother to handguns with it and they all like it alot. the girls have no problem with recoil and get really proficient quickly.

i would differently buy another, if they come out with a compact i'd be the first in line. i'm eyeing up an FNX tac just for fun

my only complaint is their aren't that many accessories for em, i'm a jeep, car, and bike guy and i can't leave anything stock and the lack of aftermarket is kinda annoying.
    "please dont shoot me with my own gun!!!!!!!"

Sponsored Links