Problem w/FNX-45 magazine and possible lemon?

FN Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problem w/FNX-45 magazine and possible lemon?

Update:

Not sure if anyone is interested in an update or not, but I got my FNX-45 back today. It came in on the 28th, so it took a month to get it back. I'm not sure what was wrong with the pistol other than the 1 magazine did not eject properly, but FN replaced it with a new handgun. It worked great for the first 100 rounds, and the next 100 had 9 FTE/ failure to load properly. I assume it was either the ammo or operator error, as the second set of 100 was different ammo. Plus I had already shot a total of 200 rounds between my 45 and my 9mm, so it's possible I was limp wristing it. I will continue to break in my FNX-45, and save full evaluation until said time. Recoil on it is minimal, and the accuracy is amazing. Minus the 9 FTE's... I love my FNX-45.

I posted this in one of the stickies without any response, so I figured I'd give it a topic of its own. Any help would be appreciated.

I just picked up my FNX-45 today, and when I got home I had a problem with one of the magazines ejecting. It wouldn't eject properly, and had to be manually taken out. It also wouldn't allow the slide to be locked back. I took it back into my LGS and they contaced FN. They said FN is aware of this problem. FN suggested I send in everything, as some of the FNX-45 are lemons. Hopefully I get it back soon and in working order. Also my FNX-45 was test fired in mid November 2012.

On a side note: My FNX-45 only came with two back straps (small and large aggressive). I thought it was supposed to come with four?
    Last edited by rubberGasket; 03-01-2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Update

Banned
    I'm not sure why you consider it to be a possible lemon when you confirmed it is yourself.

Tacticals come with 4 back straps, others come with 2.

Can you provide more detail on what you meant by it would eject properly? I noticed that the magazines would not freely drop if you hold the mag eject button down. Is that what you meant?

One of the magazines wouldn't release at all. The magazine release button would stick, and I had to manually pull the magazine out. This same magazine wouldn't allow the slide to lock back either. I had a FNX-9 and it worked flawlessly.
    As for the "Lemon" situation. I wasn't just talking about the magazine. I was talking about the actual pistol, as FN had said some of the pistols have been marked as lemons. Also I wonder why the non-tactical only comes w/two back straps? My FNX-9 came with all four.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    well, if it only does it on one magazine, i would think it was a problem with that particular magazine, and not the pistol.

It is just the magazine in my experience and opinion, but FN suggested sending all of the equipment in. They said there are lemons being found in the FNX-45 models.

Keep us up to date on the problem. Mine works fine ,but I have one on order and would like to know what FNH says is the problem.

I will follow up with an update when my LGS contacts me.

Update 02/19/2013

On 02/11/2013 I contacted my LGS and they received a postcard with a service number of which they gave to me. I checked on FNH USA, and it said estimated completion date of 02/11/2013. The service file says they tested the gun and found it to be in need of a replacement. It has said "started replacement since the 11th.
    Today (02/19) I contacted FN customer service of which said they were not responsible for information on the servicing of my gun, and said it was the responsibilty of the Missouri branch that does the technical and service work (Browning). I called the Missouri number and got call cannot be completed about 3 times. I recalled FN customer serive number and chose response "3", which is the Technical/Parts service department. The man I spoke with apologized for the delay, and said that they are behind by 4 weeks. He also partially blamed this on the recent political attack on guns. He had no response as to when I would be seeing my pistol again.
    You can say I am a bit impatient, but I only had the brand new FNX-45 for less than 10 minutes before I brought it back to my LGS over 3 weeks ago. Not to mention the $800 I spent on it.

Bump.
    Update in original post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links