Which dang gun do I want, FNX, FNS or S&W M&P?

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree7Thanks

Thread: Which dang gun do I want, FNX, FNS or S&W M&P?

Which dang gun do I want, FNX, FNS or S&W M&P?

I was all set to buy an M&P .40 when my dealer showed me the FNX and FNS. I am looking for a .40 and will buy a .357 Sig barrel for it also. I have been carrying a full size 1911 and a Glock 20 for many years so am pretty comfortable with cocked and locked or striker fired. Has any one shot the M&P and FN guns that can compare them? I will be carrying whichever one I get in an IWB holster.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I personally think that when it comes to pistols S&W needs to stick with making revolvers. I have never been impressed with their semi auto pistols IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by sldcountry View Post
    I personally think that when it comes to pistols S&W needs to stick with making revolvers. I have never been impressed with their semi auto pistols IMHO.
    Agreed..their wheel guns are great but some of their semis are Croatian copies of Glocks..my vote is go FN or Glock

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Never shot a FN handgun, but FN does NOT make junk and that alone would make me trust my life with an FN gun over a smith semi auto any day. I think glocks are excellent quailty and reliable, even though I do not like them, I owned one once and sold it. To thick, to bulky, does not fit my hands etc., all personal dislikes, but the quality is there. I have a xdm and like it a lot, kinda a glock copy but not quite, much better grip, and springfield quality. Plus 13+1 in a .45 is hard to beat. Not sure if they offer the xdm in .40 ...

I figure I would give the .40 a try. I have always carried either a .45 or 10mm

Never shot a FN handgun, but FN does NOT make junk and that alone would make me trust my life with an FN gun over a smith semi auto any day. I think glocks are excellent quailty and reliable, even though I do not like them, I owned one once and sold it. To thick, to bulky, does not fit my hands etc., all personal dislikes, but the quality is there. I have a xdm and like it a lot, kinda a glock copy but not quite, much better grip, and springfield quality. Plus 13+1 in a .45 is hard to beat. Not sure if they offer the xdm in .40 ...
    Not very hard to beat. FNX 45 is 15 + 1
    Native TEXAN thanked this.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    wow thats impressive crewdog, did not know that

wow thats impressive crewdog, did not know that
    I just picked up an FNX 45 and love the capacity. XD's are great too, I just prefer DA/SA over stricker fired.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants

Have you actually shot .40cal before? I know there's a lot of varying opinion out there about it, but personally I dislike the recoil characteristic of 40. My recommendation is to try it out first.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I would have to agree with cpt, I am not crazy about .40 either, had one, sold it. I usually stick with .45, and 9mm, other than my pocket pistols.
    D/A S/A as well as stryker fired have their pros and cons, I like the trigger feel of s/a, but feel a little safer with the stryker fired(all in my head I know). d/a s/a is a happy medium, little bit better trigger feel, but do not have to have it cocked and locked all the time. I had a 10mm and loved it, but buying ammo was a pain, so is 5.7 ammo but yeah I putt up with that nonsense because the ps90 is so awesome. I would look very hard at getting a beretta 92 also, hard to beat the durability and they shoot well also.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links