Do you think there would ever be a compact FNX-9?

FN Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you think there would ever be a compact FNX-9?

Just wondering about the possibilities of a compact version of the FNX-9. For those who aren't all that excited about striker fired pistols, and there not being very many smaller DA/SA hammer fired pistols out there, it would be nice if FNH came out with [for example] an FNX-9c. A little thinner, 3.5" barrel, semi double stack that would allow for a thinner grip, but still give close to 10 rounds. Anyone?

Just about anyone who carries concealed would like to see FN make anything in compact, but given their history, I do not see it coming any time soon. If there are enough states that start the 7 or 10 round magazine restrictions, it may force the manufacturers to take a look at producing a compact version rather than just producing a smaller magazine. My personal preference would be to see something in .45 or 10mm if I am going to be restricted to 7-10 rounds.

FNH needs to make something to compete with Springfield's XDS. Hammer fired of course....that would be awesome!!!
    FNP-45 USG.....and too many others to list!!!!

Exactly! I would SO buy one! I'm currently waiting for the release of the XDs in 9mm, but would much more rather have something close to that size from FNH using the FNX design, . . . not the FNS.

crp
    Member Hits The Target
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Exactly! I would SO buy one! I'm currently waiting for the release of the XDs in 9mm, but would much more rather have something close to that size from FNH using the FNX design, . . . not the FNS.
    That makes two of us!!! An FNX-9 the size of an HK P2000sk, --a sort of FNX-9sk at FNH prices-- would be the ideal EDC. The external safety/decocker would clinch it for me since it could be carried cond. 1 which isn't possible, for ex., with the P2000sk or the Beretta Px4 subcompact. Like the FNX, these subcompacts could be carried in eight different conditions -- enough to please everybody! PS: My four pistols are DA/SA, and I usually carry with a round in the chamber and safety on, hammer cocked or uncocked [depending on the pistol].

Indeed. I would rather have this setup: Full magazine, one round in the chamber, decocked, first shot DA [if required for a quick sudden need for a fast shot], SA after that. The DA/SA of the FNH pistols works well for this, . . . . . . but for someone who has a hard time concealing pistols well, the current guns are just too large. With conceal carry becoming such a huge explosion these days, FNH would be wise to put out compact lines, and even slim lines, IF the care about being competative. I know I'm not the only one who would rather have a hammer carry pistol over a striker fired.

Anyway, I have seen the P2000sk, . . . but really need something even thinner. PX4 Compact is definitely too thick.

They would get my money if they would make a sub-compact in the FNX line!
    Be an optomist but expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed!

If you don't believe in God believe in Karma!

You can call me Al.

Quote Originally Posted by alonewolf View Post
    They would get my money if they would make a sub-compact in the FNX line!
    Agreed. Until then, the only choices (in my eyes) are the Springfield XDS (for .45 ACP) and the S&W M&P Shield (for 9mm). They both have very short trigger pulls compared to most tiny guns which are DAO. I believe both are striker fired. Time to step up, FNH!

Till FN does produce something smaller, what about a CS 2075 (9mm or 40). It is SA / DA with a choose
    of a safety (when coked) or a recooked. If I remember correctly it has a 3" barrel and option for a full length clip (15 round in 9mm).

I like CZ products. I own one. But they are really too wide, especially the 2075. It has an even wider slide than the full size pistols. I will say that I wish that CZ [as well] would make a thin Rami [aluminum frame] for the conceal carry market. I'm talking about no more than an inch, . . . and closer to .8" would be better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links