First Gun FNX 45

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree22Thanks

Thread: First Gun FNX 45

First Gun FNX 45

Hello All, I purchased the FNX 45, one week ago. It was my first gun ever. I feel in love with it. I know currently a lot of threads have been discussed but i have a few questions. I appreciate anyone taking the time to respond. A little bit of a background, my family does not like guns, it was how they raised me. I live downtown, some crime here and there. Im on the road a lot and need one.

I have only fired a gun twice, this one twice maybe 15 rounds. I was wondering if you all have any tips about sights for the gun? Also whether the laser is a good purchase/ as for accuracy?

i appreciate any response

Joe

Take a class. I've been shooting for over a decade and I still take a class now and then. Usually tactical pistol or something like that.

Learn to use your sights before you go crazy with lasers and accessories. And get a few thousand rounds through it.
    fnx40 and joeFL thanked this.

2k2wranglerx , thank you i appreciate the advice. I will now! It came with Remington smokeless rounds are they any good?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I have no idea on that ammo. I've run a few different kinds of cheap stuf through mine.

For self defense or carry ammo you really want a quality self defense round.
    joeFL thanked this.

That's a heck of a first handgun purchase. Some quality night sights are never a bad idea. I just had a set of contrasting green and orange AmeriGlo tritium sites installed on my FNX-45. Not a bad way to spend $70.
    joeFL thanked this.

great thx for the info i will research that after my training!

Wow, I agree with Lenk, that is one heck of a purchase for your first gun, Thats like purchasing a vette for your first car. I agree take a class if this is your first shoot. What specifically is your question on sights? Are you asking about type? or a question on usage? The FNX comes with great sights, either the high mounted ones for supressor use or the low for non-supressor. Both are great. You must have not got the Tactical model as that comes with night sights. I dont own the fnx 45 tac. yet but working on a purchase. I have to keep some of my gun purchases on the low so as to keep harmonius vibes with the wife! ha ha. I am courious to compare the FNX 45 tactical to my Sig 220-45 Tactical. Currently, my Sig is the most accurate of all my handguns. Want to see if that will change...
    Last edited by pistolero; 04-23-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    joeFL thanked this.

Heard great things about the Sig. The wife doesnt need to know. My GF doesnt know about the riffle and 1911 im ordering. As long is she cant find it than we cant get yelled at!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joeFL View Post
    The wife doesnt need to know. My GF doesnt know about the riffle and 1911 im ordering. As long is she cant find it than we cant get yelled at!
    Burning the candle at both ends??
    joeFL and fnx40 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
    Take a class. I've been shooting for over a decade and I still take a class now and then. Usually tactical pistol or something like that.

Learn to use your sights before you go crazy with lasers and accessories. And get a few thousand rounds through it.

Agreed...unless your flush with cash I would spend every dollar on practice Ammo and range time before getting accessories. You don't want to get in the habit of trusting accessories that can fail...e.g. Lasers.. If ammo is hard to find see if you can find a BB gun that has similar function. I have an H&K usp BB gun for this purpose. It was 40 bucks and has a similar long DA trigger pull like the FNX. JUst my $.02
    joeFL thanked this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links