no conclusion? - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thanks Tree2Thanks

Thread: no conclusion?

Hopefully these pics help.

I read the thread about the new fnx45 or whatever it was talking about wear.. here are pics of my brand new fnx 9 never fired ( obviously FN's shot from factory )

I found these last two pictures interesting. Cant see in the pic as well as in person but the recoil spring seems to be sitting above its little seat groove... I just push it down and it sits proper... second pic was aimed down the slide towards the firing pin/rear of pistol. I was a Little curious if that looks weird to anyone else for being a brand new pistol.

Please dont get me wrong I am not trying to say whats wrong whats wrong! Im just posting pics . Thank you everyone

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    So you have the same problem with all three of you magazines?
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

That is correct loaded as well as unloaded

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I can say this, when I purchased my new FNX-40 a few months ago it did NOT show as much wear -if at all- from factory test firing. If I looked at that pistol I'd have called BS if an LGS tried to convince me it wasn't used. Honestly it's displaying more wear marks than my FNX-40 having shot 500rds to date. Aside from the "mag" issues it seems used to me, anyone else noticing more wear than attributable to factory test firing?
    Μολὼν λάβε

Seems like an awful lot of wear to me.. anyhow here is a barrel pic . Was hard to get it focused.

Got a little artsy fartsy with this one

Here is a pic of the mag well and the mag catch.

*The white line in this last picture is part of my shirt*

First off, I'm wondering if an FNS mag would fit better. That seems like an awful lot of play (more than I've seen with other FNX's/FNS's).

In regards to the recoil spring, it's normal for that to pop down when you take the pistol down. Rotating the take down lever causes that, but when it is locked and ready to fire, it is fully seated (you just can't see it).
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

I was wondering how that would fit... I tried looking up magazine specs and found a few threads claiming ..

*not my opinion. Just things I read*

FNS mags don't work in the FNX. But the FNX mags fit in the FNS ( I read of people having issues with the mags fitting right though )

If all that is true or not I dont know but! My dad has an fns 9 and I will take a look at the mags tomo and post pics.

Either way who Knows !

Thanks for info on the recoil spring!

Everything looks normal on an FNX or FN pistol All the marks and signs of wear are normal.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Are you sure that these are FNX and not FNS magazines?

Also, where did you get this firearm? Was it a private sale, a dealer, a Big Box store, on-line?

I would like a little more history on the origins of this firearm and how it came to be in your legal possession.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by SeaMac View Post
    I can say this, when I purchased my new FNX-40 a few months ago it did NOT show as much wear -if at all- from factory test firing. If I looked at that pistol I'd have called BS if an LGS tried to convince me it wasn't used. Honestly it's displaying more wear marks than my FNX-40 having shot 500rds to date. Aside from the "mag" issues it seems used to me, anyone else noticing more wear than attributable to factory test firing?
    My 45tac had just as much wear from factory as that.

And here's a bunch of pics from another "new" 45tac showing about the same level of wear as well (credits goes to gm535).

BigBuckeyeGuy thanked this.
    "And here remain with your uncertainty! Let every feeble rumor shake your hearts! Your enemies, with nodding of their plumes, fan you into despair! Have the power still to banish your defenders; till at length your ignorance, which finds not till it feels, making but reservation of yourselves, still your own foes, deliver you, as most abated captives to some nation that won you without blows!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links