no conclusion? - Page 3

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thanks Tree2Thanks

Thread: no conclusion?

My tac also had the same stripping and hood wear from the factory

Thanks for the tac. .45 pics!

I purchased the fnx from 5280 armory in arvada colorado. So it was from a dealer ...

I am not positive if the mags I have are fnx or fns.

I think they are fnx mags tho because the side of the mags has the two recessed grooves where as fns has one groove...

I am seriously considering trying to exchange for a h&k.. like I said the dealer said they never give money back and never do exchanges but this once they would exchange the fnx. I kinda feel like if I went to do the exchange they would fight me all the way and say the wear marks were not their before. Etc

Headed home in a bit and will grab the fnx and fns to compare.

https://m.facebook.com/5280armory/ab...00003654080785

Was just reading they're company description ... what a load. I should print it out and go in with my fnx and they're page of company "morals"

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

They are FNX mags. The FNS has a ridge down the back section of it on the sides and a ridge on the front of the sides. The FNX has does not have that rear ridge.

There is nothing wrong with your gun. Take it out and shoot it.

Ya know that would put all of this to rest. Just go shoot the damn thing. If it malfunctions then I will know and go from their.

Only other route I would go is getting rid of it and choose something else for my ccw pistol.

I mainly need to stop wondering if pigs fly and go push one off a cliff to see for my self. I also need to think more about how I feel about using the fnx for my ccw.

Quote Originally Posted by subrwho View Post
    I am seriously considering trying to exchange for a h&k..
    Wouldn't an HK be way pricier than your FNX? I would seriously recommend you TRY an HK before deciding. While the fit and finish are nicer than FN (see my pics above; the other barrel is from a p30), I absolutely hate the trigger. It's inconsistent and has ridiculously long reset; I miss my followup a lot because I don't let it out far enough for trigger to reset. I find myself shooting more precisely (i.e. better grouping) with FNX9 then with the HK.
    "And here remain with your uncertainty! Let every feeble rumor shake your hearts! Your enemies, with nodding of their plumes, fan you into despair! Have the power still to banish your defenders; till at length your ignorance, which finds not till it feels, making but reservation of yourselves, still your own foes, deliver you, as most abated captives to some nation that won you without blows!"

I have my FNX-9 right in front of me as I watch your short video of the mag play in the pistol's magwell.

Mine does the same exact thing. As of this post, I have shot two pistol courses with this firearm, for a total of 1,200 rounds of mostly PMC, and Winchester White Box, with some Cor-Bon +P 115gr Barnes XPB Federal 124gr HST.

I've not had a stoppage or failure of any sort - the gun runs like a champ and eats any 9mm ammo I feed it.

I carry mine with confidence, and it has replaced my Glock 19 as my favorite weapon to shoot and carry.

ETA: As I saw pics of your pistol disassembled, I looked for the same things you noted, esp the recoil guide rod/spring assembly. Mine is the same. Don't forget - when you flip the switch to mate the slide to the frame, the bar that is part of the takedown switch picks up the recoil guide rod and supports it. When disassembling, the recoil rod just stays at the same level as it was when captured. I've seen this on other semi auto pistols.

Go out and shoot it - I love this gun.
    Last edited by RRALower; 12-13-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RRALower View Post
    I have my FNX-9 right in front of me as I watch your short video of the mag play in the pistol's magwell.

Mine does the same exact thing. As of this post, I have shot two pistol courses with this firearm, for a total of 1,200 rounds of mostly PMC, and Winchester White Box, with some Cor-Bon +P 115gr Barnes XPB Federal 124gr HST.

I've not had a stoppage or failure of any sort - the gun runs like a champ and eats any 9mm ammo I feed it.

I carry mine with confidence, and it has replaced my Glock 19 as my favorite weapon to shoot and carry.

ETA: As I saw pics of your pistol disassembled, I looked for the same things you noted, esp the recoil guide rod/spring assembly. Mine is the same. Don't forget - when you flip the switch to mate the slide to the frame, the bar that is part of the takedown switch picks up the recoil guide rod and supports it. When disassembling, the recoil rod just stays at the same level as it was when captured. I've seen this on other semi auto pistols.

Go out and shoot it - I love this gun.
    There ya go, now shoot it, have some fun and let us know how you like it.

Awesome! Best news Ive heard in a longgggg time! Thank you so much for the info!

Im curious if there is any sort of magwell "shim" for lack of better words that would get rid of the wiggle.... obviously I dont want to interfere or mess up the way the magazine drops or make it harder to insert a mag.

I took a small piece of gun cleaning cloth fabric *very thin* and held it on the lower back of the magazine as I inserted the mag.... and the wiggle was gone! I just did this out of curiosity. Im not going to use the firearm with a fabric shim lol

*****edit*****

I forgot to ask about the picture I have thats aiming down the slide towards the firing pin ...

The color on the "housing" * the circle cap with the hole for the firing pin*
    It looks almost like rust doesnt it?
    Anyhow im just wondering should I not mess with it ? At what point would you need to clean or maintain any of that?
    Last edited by subrwho; 12-15-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by subrwho View Post
    Awesome! Best news Ive heard in a longgggg time! Thank you so much for the info!

Im curious if there is any sort of magwell "shim" for lack of better words that would get rid of the wiggle.... obviously I dont want to interfere or mess up the way the magazine drops or make it harder to insert a mag.

I took a small piece of gun cleaning cloth fabric *very thin* and held it on the lower back of the magazine as I inserted the mag.... and the wiggle was gone! I just did this out of curiosity. Im not going to use the firearm with a fabric shim lol

*****edit*****

I forgot to ask about the picture I have thats aiming down the slide towards the firing pin ...

The color on the "housing" * the circle cap with the hole for the firing pin*
    It looks almost like rust doesnt it?
    Anyhow im just wondering should I not mess with it ? At what point would you need to clean or maintain any of that?
    Forget trying a shim or similar in the pistol magwell. Murphy will rear his ugly head and mess with you when you are in the middle of a reload, or he'll just flat out cause a nasty malfunction. The play in the mags v. magwell isn't significant or an issue affecting operation of the pistol. Just today, I went out to do some drills, loaded 5rds per mag, and shot 15rd courses of fire to force tactical reloads and all that comes with changing mags. Not one malfunction, FTE, FTF, stovepipe, nothing.

Unless there is actual carbon build-up on the breech face (the circle cap with the hole for the firing pin), don't stress it. I've seen this on my Berettas, Glocks, HKs, etc. If it really bothers you, get some fine emery cloth and lightly, gently buff the breechface. You could even use rubbing compound to remove any discoloration, but this would require a detail strip of the slide to ensure that the compound does not get into the firing pin channel and internals. Heck, a piece of 3M scrub pad and some CLP might do the trick.

Enjoy your pistol, and don't stress. I fired my FNX for the first time on the firing line during a pistol course. Reliable and accurate - just like my Glocks.

My recommendation is to go out and shoot that FNX. I mentioned that it's my favorite pistol to shoot and carry, and if it means a thing, I've carried and shot Glocks of all calibers for over 16 years. This pistol makes me a better shooter and I'm seriously thinking of selling my Glocks for FN pistols.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links