no conclusion? - Page 4

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thanks Tree2Thanks

Thread: no conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by subrwho View Post
    Awesome! Best news Ive heard in a longgggg time! Thank you so much for the info!

Im curious if there is any sort of magwell "shim" for lack of better words that would get rid of the wiggle.... obviously I dont want to interfere or mess up the way the magazine drops or make it harder to insert a mag.

I took a small piece of gun cleaning cloth fabric *very thin* and held it on the lower back of the magazine as I inserted the mag.... and the wiggle was gone! I just did this out of curiosity. Im not going to use the firearm with a fabric shim lol

*****edit*****

I forgot to ask about the picture I have thats aiming down the slide towards the firing pin ...

The color on the "housing" * the circle cap with the hole for the firing pin*
    It looks almost like rust doesnt it?
    Anyhow im just wondering should I not mess with it ? At what point would you need to clean or maintain any of that?
    thats what i thought seeing your picture man it does look like rust to me. I have the FNX 40 and mine looked brand new internally no where near that wear level. as soon as i saw the pic i thought it might be used. Obviously i dont know for sure but you say you are in colorado right? did you get it at firing line on alameda because ive heard from a couple people that they have tried to sell used as new in there. just a thought man.
    Last edited by Gnarly0531; 01-02-2014 at 09:26 PM.

My FNX-40 showed some wear, although not quite as much as the OP's.
    There was a bit of wiggle with the magazine inserted, but it shot flawlessly.
    The ONLY reasons I sold it and my XD-M .40 was because I couldn't carry a double-stack .40 without printing, and I wanted to narrow my ammo down to .45 and 9mm so I picked up my Sig 1911 Scorpion.
    As you can see by my sig line, I still kept the FNS's though.
    I haven't found a striker fired pistol that can compare to the FNS.
    Last edited by Blackhorse2010; 01-02-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    Steve

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links