no conclusion?

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree2Thanks

Thread: no conclusion?

no conclusion?

Searched for days and days! Ive had no luck finding a solid answer! (Is this normal or too much movement? Will it ever get tighter fitting?)

In no way do I mean to bash the fnx or fn!

I bought a brand new fnx 9 and am concerned with the magazine and magwell fitment. Bought as a ccw pistol and now wondering if I made the right choice over the h&k... no help from the dealer I bought it from! (I wouldnt have bought it had I seen this but the dealer I went to holds the magazine while you inspect the firearm) FN support told me to go shoot it... (I dont feel comfortable carrying a gun that im going to be questioning is the mag gonna drop etc etc.. ) also if I get rid of it id rather it be unfired.

Let it be known that the dealer I purchased from had to modify the mags for colorado 15 round law (but all mods were in side magazine)

I know its been talked about but I have found no conclusion to whats going on here and if " well thats the way FN builds it" is the answer im gonna be bummed!

Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by subrwho; 12-12-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Don't worry about it. Go shoot it, if there is a problem and the gun won't function then FN will take care of it.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    If you are that concerned about having a problem with the pistol, get rid of it.

It is hard to say what the dealer did to the magazine to alter it for the new Colorado requirements.

You seem to have three options:

A: Sell it as it is unfired (get rid of it) and feel comfortable that you did.
    B: Fire it, still feel uncomfortable with it and sell it (get rid of it), but this time as a used firearm, or keep it still feeling uncomfortable with it unless you are 100% satisfied in the results.
    C: Get the proper magazine and see if that fits properly. If it does and you are comfortable with it, keep it and your problem is solved. I am not suggesting that you break any laws, but maybe you can find someone locally that has the standard magazine and try it for fit and function. You will then have to decide how to correct the magazine problem.

Bottom line is this though, I will never carry a firearm for CCW or duty that I do not have 100% confidence in.

I do not have the FNX9 but I do have the FNX45-T. While there is minor movement in the magazine (unloaded), there is no gap as shown in your photo.

Ultimately, only you will be able to decide what you should do.
    CPTdaz thanked this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Thank you very much ! Advice taken, hksd9 you hit the nail on the head I aprichiate your input!

Yeah, I wouldn't have 100% confidence with that much mag wiggle. See if you can get some factory 10 rounders to see if those will be a little better with the fit.

Quote Originally Posted by HK SD9 Tactical View Post
    Bottom line is this though, I will never carry a firearm for CCW or duty that I do not have 100% confidence in.
    This. In the end, you're the one depending your life on it so if you are not comfortable with it then you shouldn't have to settle.
    "And here remain with your uncertainty! Let every feeble rumor shake your hearts! Your enemies, with nodding of their plumes, fan you into despair! Have the power still to banish your defenders; till at length your ignorance, which finds not till it feels, making but reservation of yourselves, still your own foes, deliver you, as most abated captives to some nation that won you without blows!"

I think trying another mag is a great idea!

The magazine "case" or "shell" "frame" I dont know what to call it ... has no signs of being touched other then the 16 and 17 on the back have been scratched off and the only mod inside the mag is a molded part of the spring to block the 16th and 17th round . I have pics just having trouble uploading from my phone.

It almost feels as if their is a pivot or hinged point at the top of the magazine well (not the mag catch but higher in the magwell)

I feel if it were see through and I looked from the bottom of the magwell towards the slide *with a mag inserted* the side of the magwell that the backstrap is on would seem to be concaved or deeper if you will. Maybe the polymer grooves inside are slightly too small?

I am curious how much of this would have to do with the magwell its self

Either way your 100% correct. I need to ask my self if I have any doubts carryin it and if I do I then I go get a new ccw pistol and ive got a fnx for the range
    Last edited by subrwho; 12-12-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    One other option you might try is entirely dependent on the dealer. Maybe he would be willing to exchange the firearm for a different one, that you are satisfied with. You might want to try that. Also, try your magazine in another firearm to see if the problem persist.

You should have check this before you left the dealership on the purchase. Firearms are much like cars in this sense, once you leave the dealer, it it yours, 100% lock, stock, and barrel.

Of course, you can always send the firearm back to FN for repair service and have them check and test fire it in its current configuration. It will take time for that to happen though.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Movement is normal.

Post a pic of the mag itself. I'm wondering something.

Sorry my galaxy s4 has been kicking my butt! took for ever to host my pictures and copy and paste . Hope this helps ... if you have any specific pics you want me to take just let me know!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links