Help with choosing: FNX 45 taCTICAL or H&K USP 45 tactical?

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree15Thanks

Thread: Help with choosing: FNX 45 taCTICAL or H&K USP 45 tactical?

Help with choosing: FNX 45 taCTICAL or H&K USP 45 tactical?

I know this is an FN forum so it may seem stupid but people typically have experience with other products. Seriously considering both of these. I shoo the snot out of a range-rented FN 45 tactical but have heard mixed reviews about frame quality, workmanship and cracking.

Can anyone help me on this>

Thanks,

P

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PJSBuck View Post
    have heard mixed reviews about frame quality, workmanship and cracking
    Probably from someone who wants to sell you a HK.
    JMike thanked this.
    FS2000 Gen 1
    PS90-SBR Gen 2
    FiveseveN
    FN HP SFS
    FN Model 1905/1906
    (MM's #3860084010, #3860084030, #3810084020, #3480084020)

Extremely satisfied with the FNX Tac, more mag capacity than the HK plus pre-milled for a mini-red dot optic. I slightly overpaid at the top of the market but I have not a single regret. Was considering the USP Tac also but I could not be more satisfied with FN.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Better mag capacity with the FNX!

Love my fnx tac. With its capacity and an rmr it is quite a formidable weapon system. On the other hand I do love my hk pistols but I don't have the tac. Seems simple enough for me...get them both, but the fnx first of course

Quote Originally Posted by Rizza32 View Post
    Love my fnx tac. With its capacity and an rmr it is quite a formidable weapon system. On the other hand I do love my hk pistols but I don't have the tac. Seems simple enough for me...get them both, but the fnx first of course
    Both are of the highest quality, but just look at the beauty of the fde fnx Tac! If you can afford it get both. I am obviously partial to the FN.

I've never tried the HK, but as everyone else had stated, the FNP .45 Tac is just awesome. I wasn't really in the market for it, actually had never even heard of it, I'm relatively new, but when my neighbor, friend, and LGS owner told me "trust me, you WANT this gun" I knew he wouldn't steer me wrong. Couldn't be happier with it. Just awesome, and as another said, just so damn pretty lol. My wife even said the other night, when I was Frog Lubbing it, "wow, that's really nice, which one is that" she asked that because I snuck it into the safe when she wasn't home lol. The Trijicon red do is so sweet.

From my expierence the FNX is more accurate due to recoil

I have both the USP and the FNX. It's a tough choice, I agree, both are great pistols.

All of the following is IMO.

Build quality between the two is a dead heat. It's obvious both companies put their best foot forward with these two guns.

Recoil management/mitigation: The bore axis on the USP is quite high for a pistol of this type, particularly if you're used to a 1911/XD/Glock. HK manages recoil and muzzle flip by using a dual coil spring system. FN's answer is to use a dual spring plus a shallower angle on the barrel hood to slow down and soften the abruptness of the barrel unlocking from the slide. The result is a very soft shooting 45 ACP pistol. Both are very controllable, but I give the edge to FN.

Trigger: The double action on my USP is lighter and smoother than the FNX. But the single action on my FNX is crisper than the USP and has a shorter trigger re-set.

Controls: The FNX has completely ambidextrous controls for safety, mag release and slide stop. The USP only has an ambi- mag release. Some folks have an issue with it's location at the base of the trigger guard as well. The FNX's controls are where American shooters expect them. Of the two, I prefer the FN.

Accessories: Out of the box, FN gives you three mags, HK sends two. When it comes to adding accessories like lights and lasers, the FNX has a definite edge with it's picatinny rail on the frame. The USP uses HK's proprietary rail. Nowadays, NO ONE makes accessories using this system. GG&G makes a pic rail adapter that fits the USP that allows the user to mount lights/lasers more easily.

Accuracy: I shoot both pistols well and can blow a ragged hole in a target out to 25 yards or so with either. But I do find the FNX comes back to target quicker than the USP.

Intangibles: FNH has customer service that you can actually get through to. HK, not so much. Extra mags are less expensive with the FNX.

Either pistol will do what you want it to do. The choice is yours.

HTH,

Leb
    Lawyerup, JMike and matt2421 thanked this.

If you gonna go H&K, I'd go with the HK45, I should know I own one. Haven't shot the FNX45 yet, but they were very comfortable when I pick one up at the gun store. If I wasn't coming off the high of recently purchasing a H&K P30 I probably would've have look a little harder. I'm currently looking into a FNX45 FDE again. I love my H&K's and wouldn't trade them for anything, but I am not a blinded fanboy, I always tell people pick the gun that fits best for you. I will warn you HK45 magazines come in spurts and are expensive. Choose wisely, choose well, and hopefully choose often. Merry Christmas Everyone!
    huffmaj3 and btg108 thanked this.
    It's not always what you do, but who notices when you're done!

Beretta - 92FS Stainless, 92FS, M9A1
    Colt- 1911 Government Model Series 80 Stainless, LE6920
    FN Herstal Scar 16s FDE, Scar 17s Black
    HK - P30 9mm, HK45, VP9
    IMI- Dessert Eagle .44 Magnum, Tavor SAR FD18
    Larue Tactical PredatOBR 762
    Remington - 870
    Ruger - GP100, Sp101
    Sig Sauer- P220, P229, P226 MK25 Dessert, P226 Extreme, P1911 Carry Nightmare

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links