FN Herstal Firearms banner

Do I really need a FNX45 Tactical

4K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  sbryant 
#1 ·
I sold my FNX45 about a year ago and have regretted it ever since. Now part of me wants to replace it with a FNX45 Tactical and another part of me says no you don't need it. I found one at Shooters Plus | Online Gun Store & Shooting Accessories for a decent price but I just can't push myself over the edge to spend the money. Will someone please push me over the fence one way or the other!:th_bang:

#4 ·
The FDE is $30 more but still a really great price. JRags you should jump on that. They have a good price on a SCAR 16 too.

Reactions: Kev
#15 · (Edited)
You really have to ask ????

your manhood rating just went down a few points ! :)

Get it !!!

here in commie CT, they're banned now ,,,,our manhood has been chopped off...
you know. "For the children....we had to do Something". :-(. :-(. :-(

#22 ·
1. Cheaper (the can and the pistons)
2. Stainless steel baffles are more durable
3. Click together baffles makes cleaning and dissambly easier (I reload and lead projectiles make this a high priority)
4. More mounting options
5. Slightly shorter
6. I have no personal experience with this however I have read nothing but glowing reviews about Silencerco/SWR customer service and have read many negative reviews about AAC's
7. I have an Osprey .45 and the pistons are interchangeable between the Octane and Osprey
8. Almost all of the meter data and reviews I've read comparing the two show the Octane to be quieter.

The only category I see the Tirant having the advantage in is weight. To be fair they are both pretty similar and I doubt anyone would be dissatisfied with either one. I bought my Osprey last year before efile was available so I don't have it in hand yet. When I get it I will definitely be ordering the Octane, or at least after I get a Bowers Cac 45 for my Mac 10. My SWR Spectre II showed up to my dealer last week and after fondling it while he submitted my form 4 via efile I am highly impressed with SWR's quality. If I could do it over with the .45 cans though I would have gotten a Liberty Miranda instead of the Osprey for a sealed can. I'm big on smaller companies with amazing customer service and great cans. Liberty just cannot be beat in those categories combined. Sorry for the long post, I'm kind of an NFA nut.

#23 ·
Hey man I get it, I love my nfa toys also. I personally am waiting on huntertown arms to come out with a .45 can. They tell me it will be out by 2nd quarter this year at half the cost of competitors. I may catch grief about this from all the osprey fans but personally I do not get all the hype on it, other than the shape that helps with site picture.

I

#24 ·
I would say yes you need to get the gun. I recently bought mines and I love it even though I think the slide stop is subpar for a lefty. It the only gun that I know that will allow 15+1, come pre milled for you with all the hardware you need to install a nice high end trjicon rmr on it, threaded barrel, adjustable grips to fit in your hand like a glove, three mags more than enough to do your normal gun range shooting, and at the very least it come with a nice soft case with an all Velcro inside so you can stick whatever you want on the inside and it will say. I hope I pushed you over that fences lol. O yea it also come with high rise sights on it so you can co witness you optic and/or sights high enough to look over the suppressor

#27 ·
I've had a few HK's including the beast MK23 and though I just picked up an HK45 I still prefer my FNX! Pricey, more so than the HK (bought it when the price was up) but I don't regret it...it's the NUTZ! Someone else said if he could only have one...it would be the FNX45T... Likewise! Go for it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.