That's it for me! No more FN! - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree24Thanks

Thread: That's it for me! No more FN!

Quote Originally Posted by JaysonF View Post
    I wanted a SCAR 17s, but now I'm not too sure...
    Big companies like FN do have different groups for different product lines. Likely the guys who designed the pistols are not the same group as the guys who designed the SCAR. I wouldn't buy an FN pistol, just prefer Sig and HK instead. But I love my FN rifles (SCARs). Sig had problems with their early 556 rifles years ago that turned many people off, but I have always had great experience with their classic line of pistols. Beretta makes a fantastic semi-auto shotgun but I'm not going to be buying a 92FS pistol. Glock makes a great pistol but hasn't even tried to make a carbine.

It's ok to have different guns from different manufacturers. Just buy the best of what each company makes if it fits your needs. FN may not have their pistols all debugged yet but they make a great rifle. I wouldn't pass up on a SCAR 17 because of a buggy FNX, the only person losing in that deal is you.

Dealing with a customer service rep on the phone can be a mixed bag with all of these companies, they aren't all knowledgeable on all the products. Look how long it took HK to improve their customer service reputation. As long as they actually handle the issue then that is all I care about, and it sounds like in this can FN did.

You guys are not getting it. "They fixed the problem". So I should have to send in my guns to get fixed. So I should put up with a manufacturer who is going to put out crap, and have to send it back to be what they promised? I got these guns this year, and they have been out with reports over this **** for some time now, yet they're still reporting them.
    No, the rounds were loaded to 1.230", so they were not over saami spec.
    Badass? No, I use my guns for defensive purposes as well and it really upsets me that a company would put out crap like this.
    Sorry to hear about problems with your hk, I'm going with the hk45tactical and I used to own a hk45. The gun was the highest quality polymer pistol I have ever held, but my ex wife got it in the divorce.
    Listen, you guys can have brand loyalty or just plain never had issues. However there are a ton of threads out here with people complaining of problems with the fnx and yet the manufacturer never had a recall, never changed that part, and now I finding several bad mag (which are $44 a piece). Come on, there isn't enough kool aid in the world for me to rely on a gun like this.
    OVERHUNG and H3baton thanked this.

brand loyalty ? look at my sig, thats just a few. once again sry u got one of the bad guns from the 1000s upon 1000s that are made.
    I dont get it? they fixed it so whats the problem ? FN, Sig, HK, Glock, Smith&wesson, Spring field Armory, Ruger, Beretta, wilson combat ETC all have had problems it happens. its a machine with lots of moving parts.
    BWM243 thanked this.
    FN /////AMG HK Sig
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Brett B View Post
    Big companies like FN do have different groups for different product lines. Likely the guys who designed the pistols are not the same group as the guys who designed the SCAR. I wouldn't buy an FN pistol, just prefer Sig and HK instead. But I love my FN rifles (SCARs). Sig had problems with their early 556 rifles years ago that turned many people off, but I have always had great experience with their classic line of pistols. Beretta makes a fantastic semi-auto shotgun but I'm not going to be buying a 92FS pistol. Glock makes a great pistol but hasn't even tried to make a carbine.

It's ok to have different guns from different manufacturers. Just buy the best of what each company makes if it fits your needs. FN may not have their pistols all debugged yet but they make a great rifle. I wouldn't pass up on a SCAR 17 because of a buggy FNX, the only person losing in that deal is you.

Dealing with a customer service rep on the phone can be a mixed bag with all of these companies, they aren't all knowledgeable on all the products. Look how long it took HK to improve their customer service reputation. As long as they actually handle the issue then that is all I care about, and it sounds like in this can FN did.
    i really do love the scar, and it is handling everything thrown at it overseas. I carried an m9 and I wasn't too impressed, however it never had problems. Personally I think that design was to make it a club once it ran out of rounds. I'm glad that they are taking care of this, but when I spend $1100 on a gun, I shouldn't have to deal with this. And when they know of an issue which has been ongoing for years, they should fix it. It shouldn't be an issue of "let them work themselves out and those who have the problem will send them back in". What about some poor cop who is carrying this on duty and these issues become apparent at the wrong time? I get a bad mag, **** goes wrong and **** happens, but the gun needs to work, or should be recalled / fixed on the latest production models. Any company that just let's a known problem "ride" on a potentially life-defending weapon is irresponsible and gives me hesitation in doing any form of business with them. I will try to consider the SCAR 17, but I cannot help that my previous experiences will play some part of a role. I don't have the luxury of an armored or limitless budget anymore. I need to make smart, practical decisions from now on.

The problem is I got 2. 2 made at different times. 2 which shouldn't have come off the line of a distributor selling potentially life saving firearms. This disappointed me and while you do own a sig, I doubt you're carrying the tactical on a day to day. But of course you'll probably say "sometimes I do" at which point you'll use that to justify your position and we won't be able to disprove you because this is the internet. So let's just skip all that.
    The handguns are crap.
    Oh, I completely forgot to mention, I owned an fnx45T last year, and it still had the same ****ing problem. So how about you back off the whole "you got a bad one" routine. This **** is chronic and completely unacceptable with an $1k+ gun with $44 dollar mags.
    The guns are ****, good on you if you got a good one, but I chronically got ****, which leads me to believe that those without the problems are actually the minority. Walked into a gun store this morning, the gun they were selling, same problem. So you wanna get butt hurt with me? I'm simply explaining to those who want this gun, people who were on the fence with this and another gun, to look elsewhere . Odds are, the gun you get will be garbage and you'll be lucky to get your money back out of it. I'm already taking a hit, but whatever, I'm glad to spend the money a new gun which I feel I can trust. Something I can compete with as well because these guns are crap, and anyone yelling it from the top of the fn factory is really going to make me think otherwise.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    We get it. You don't like the pistols. Sell them and move on.
    FS2000 Gen 1
    PS90-SBR Gen 2
    FiveseveN
    FN HP SFS
    FN Model 1905/1906
    (MM's #3860084010, #3860084030, #3810084020, #3480084020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links