That's it for me! No more FN!

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree24Thanks

Thread: That's it for me! No more FN!

That's it for me! No more FN!

So I bought a FNX-45 and FNX-45 tactical. I wanted to have a carry gun that was almost identical to my competition gun. It was either between the FNX or the HK45 tactical and HK45c tactical. I chose FN because of the features which it came with (such as the milled slide, suppressor sights and 15 rounds of 45). I post this simply because if there is someone out there on the fence as I was, I hope they have an honest opinion versus the "fan boy" stuff.
    Both my fnx45 and fnx45t (both had their test fires this year) had the mag catch problem. Both wouldn't eject an empty mag. And now I found both are having issues with failure to feed (which happened to 3 out of my 7 mags). These rounds were all spec saami rounds, the gun would just jam them into the barrel angled up to where the gun needed "immediate action to return to battery. Now before you say it, I read the posts, I followed the procedure (which is stupid as hell to have to do on a major manufacturer's gun). I locked the slide back and filled the mags for a week. I even had 2 mags get stuck halfway down (which let the rounds go loose in the magazine and fall out!
    I had to send in my fnx-45t to fn, and to their credit, the repairs were done within a week. The blatant nonsense is to when an operator claims to never had heard of this problem before (most likely the suit's provided answer). I shouldn't have to do repairs or send a gun in just so it can eject an empty mag. QC and the blind eye to issues like this really let me down. I wanted these two pistols to be everything they claimed to be, but unfortunately, they are not. So tomorrow I'm selling my fnx45 to a guy and as soon as I get my fnx45t back, I'll sell that to. I never, ever had anything like this as problems from hk. I'll have the last of my things (holsters, mags, etc) listed as for sale once they're both gone. I know all guns fail on some levels at some point, but this is over the top and completely unacceptable. I know this stuff hasn't been an issue to a lot of you members, and if your gun rocks then right on. I just cannot trust these guns.
    I wanted a SCAR 17s, but now I'm not too sure...
    i guess I'll wait until I can buy a M249 or M240 to look back FNs way.
    huffmaj3 and H3baton thanked this.

Ok...
    Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
    IGC224 thanked this.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy guns and that's kind of the same thing.

Just not interested in junk guns, as mine are necessary. However a POG who shoots paper 3 times a year wouldn't know anything about that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I don't understand, they fixed the problem and now you're dumping them?

I have put approx 3k rounds through my fnx45 and yes I have had the same issues you describe. the mag release problem is a definite sour taste in my mouth. Having fixed the issue myself. I think the gun is slightly oversprung and using hotter ammo alleviated the ftf issues. I am not that impressd with the fit and finish compared to my hk45. I blame the issues on the fnh us plant. I beleive they have some serious qc issues. I have 0 issues with my belgium made ones ;five seven ps90 scar 16/17 fs2000.
    00stormbringer and Bear13 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysonF View Post
    Just not interested in junk guns, as mine are necessary. However a POG who shoots paper 3 times a year wouldn't know anything about that.
    IGC224, Hellfire, gbosh and 4 others thanked this.

I guess I should dump HK then. I had a 40 S&W USP that didnt cycle right and buldged cases on the lower section of the case from the unsupported chamber.

These rounds were all spec saami rounds,

I even had 2 mags get stuck halfway down (which let the rounds go loose in the magazine and fall out!
    hmm, those sound like they're longer than 1.265". the SAAMI max is 1.275", but most will run under that. I've had WWB do that and it was 1.28" OAL.

A little inflammatory don't you think?

It's one thing to be disenchanted with a particular manufacturer, quite another to make unflattering assumptions.

Last edited by SeaMac; 07-21-2014 at 09:26 AM.
    Μολὼν λάβε

sry you had a bad experience. my fnx-45 tactical has had 1000 rounds thur it in about a months time using several different brands of ammo and its been 100 % flawless !!! guns are machines and I dont care what gun it is sometimes there will be a problem.
    BWM243 and teamsuzukigsxr thanked this.
    FN /////AMG HK Sig
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links