FNX 45 backwards magazine - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree26Thanks

Thread: FNX 45 backwards magazine

Very glad to hear, i just did not know that mag has a protrusion up front instead of 2 slots on side! Keep the screwdriver handy for next time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Here lies Lester Moore. Four slugs from a .44. No Les. No More.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I'd be willing to bet that HE won't have a next time...
    vz58kid thanked this.

Glad he fixed it, reminded me of an issue back in 2005/6 , i had had many AR/AK guns and never cared for any Poly mags except the Bulg Waffle AK mags but had picked up a couple of Thermold mags for my AR's and they worked great so i bought a new FS 2000 took it home and slapped a loaded Thermold mag in it and liked the way it looked and felt.

When i wanted it drop it it nothing happ. it had went in easy but now would not move (dont need to say how stressed i got) so i took off base plate and spring/ammo dropped out i looked and tried to see why it was hanging and sprayed a ton of lube in it but no use.

Finally took a 8" pair of neede nosed plyers and broke mag pieces/chunks off bending mag inwards and after 2/3 mag was in pieces was able to get the rest out fortunately no damage/scratches to gun, since then all i read is Poly mags wont work in this or that gun but certain generations may work or may not!

Well i dont fool with a mag which may or may not work and only use Mil spec alum. mags in my AR or any 5.56 guns, i do use the Bulg Waffle in my AK's, however for those who may not know the new Century 100% USA made (junk) may not or should not use any Polymer made mags do to their magwells (Century Monkeys) being NOT mil. spec.

Arsenal now lists the above on their site about the Century USA made guns!

Here lies Lester Moore. Four slugs from a .44. No Les. No More.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Now stenciling "FRONT" on the leading edge of all my mags... kidding. Good solution, I would have probably removed the guts of the mag and put the base plate on, then used a long dowel to try and "beat" it out the other way, this is a much better solution!

There's a reason the M18 Claymore says "FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY"

Just sayin....
    Dizzy82 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by SDJoe View Post
    Now stenciling "FRONT" on the leading edge of all my mags... kidding. Good solution, I would have probably removed the guts of the mag and put the base plate on, then used a long dowel to try and "beat" it out the other way, this is a much better solution!
    That would have sucked! That little nub on on the front of the magazine would have tore the heck out out of the frame before breaking free!
    vz58kid thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by IanArseneau View Post
    Thanks for your help everyone!!! I got the mag unstuck thanks to the information that Roadblock provided! It was easy once i got a screw driver thin enough to pry the mag and the housing apart.
    Lol. Not laughing at you Ian, just thinking about some of the things I have done in my over 60 years of life gives me a chuckle and your post reminds me that we are all human (not that I ever forgot it).

Glad you got it worked out.
    vz58kid thanked this.
    NRA life member.
    Disabled American Veterans life member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links