FNX 45 backwards magazine

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thanks Tree26Thanks

Thread: FNX 45 backwards magazine

FNX 45 backwards magazine

Hello everyone! I need some help fixing a problem only I could create. I was loading a mag into my fnx 45 tactical and i put it in backwards and shoved it in. Now its stuck and will not budge. I was able to get the slide off by pushing down the 45 acp round and pushing the slide release down. Anyone have any info for me?

Don't pull the trigger, you'll put your eye out !

Right off hand, about the only thing I can suggest is try to take the base off the mag, let the spring out, so that the rounds drop free. Then you mighte be able to pull the mag out with pliers. (Put some tape over the jaws of the pliers so you don't damage the mag tube.) I'd use vise grips! An empty mag should be easier to pull out than trying to work with one full of rounds.

If you can find some, vinyl protectant (like Son-of-a-Gun or Armor All) squirted or dripped down between the outside of the mag and the inside of the grip frame (as a lube) might make it easier to remove the mag.

SOG and ArmorAll acts like a lube -- and makes metal rubbing against plastic, or plastic rubbing against plastic slide without as much friction. Auto Parts stores (Advance, O'Reilly, etc.) or hardware stores generally have it.
    Last edited by WaltSherrill; 04-08-2016 at 10:16 PM.
    vz58kid, Big Muddy and Kakashi66218 thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

The above is about the only answer which would be practical to use, i would use plenty of lube and long needle-nosed plyers and in a worst case scenario U might have to waste the mag body by squeezing the bottom middle parts of the base together maybe also on top.

Also might try to beat mag body out by using piece of wood and a mallet starting from top!

Tell us how it goes and good luck!
    LESTER thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Here lies Lester Moore. Four slugs from a .44. No Les. No More.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    dank, vz58kid and Smurky thanked this.

In all seriousness, you have created a nasty situation. The problem is the tit on the front of the mag that is designed to lock your mag in place is now facing rearward and has dropped into a cut-out were your hammer spring is located. It looks as if your best solution may be to remove the mag base pad, spring and follower from the mag and completely disassemble the safety and hammer components to allow the mag to be removed by bringing it on out through the top of the frame. By forcing it back down through the mag well you will probably create considerable damage to your frame. Good luck and I hope this solution will work for you !
    street doctor and vz58kid thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    People's Republik of Dane county, Wisconsin
    Not to Hi Jack this thread but, how do you find this stuff so quickly Lester? I seldom have any luck searching this Forum, you must have this catalogued/organized somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by LESTER View Post
    dank, STL9MM, vz58kid and 1 others thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurky View Post
    Not to Hi Jack this thread but, how do you find this stuff so quickly Lester? I seldom have any luck searching this Forum, you must have this catalogued/organized somewhere.
    Good memory actually I used google search! its quicker then trying to look up old posts
    Smurky, dank and vz58kid thanked this.

Just happened to be sitting here on the couch checking out my new (just came today) KT Defender in Kryptek Highlander so I took one for the team.

If you haven't figured it out yet, your magazine tab is most likely stuck in the area of the frame where the fire control housing assembly is. Maybe these pictures will make sense? You can't pull the mag out because the tab is stuck on that ledge is my guess. I was able to put a small screw driver down in there and spread the mag away from the housing enough to push it down past that cut out ledge and pull it right out.

Last edited by Roadblock; 04-09-2016 at 10:06 PM.
    vz58kid, LESTER, Smurky and 3 others thanked this.

Thanks for your help everyone!!! I got the mag unstuck thanks to the information that Roadblock provided! It was easy once i got a screw driver thin enough to pry the mag and the housing apart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links