FNX 45 Tactical Issues - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree43Thanks

Thread: FNX 45 Tactical Issues

I don't recommend feeding your gun Wolf ammo. I agree that your gun should be able to reliably cycle cheap ammunition, but I don't think you should hold it against your gun since it failed to do so. BTW, some Wolf ammo is corrosive, be sure to thoroughly clean your gun after shooting it. Personally, I pay a little extra for quality ammunition, and I never experience any ammo related issues. It could happen, but it is less likely.
    Last edited by GJ9mm; 05-14-2016 at 08:54 AM.
    Longknife thanked this.

Take a look at the DPM Systems recoil reduction guide and spring assembly. I've been using it for over a year with great results. No stove pipe or FTE/FTF issues what so ever. If you don't mind spending the money I think you'll be pretty happy with it.

http://dpmsystems.com/en/shop/mechanical-recoil-reduction-system

-Mike
    StephenM thanked this.

Dont think you need to spend anymore money on the pistol. As previously mentioned by a few people I would blame the Ammo/user before the pistol as it was build for combat and I am sure that Steel is not a military ammo due to the fact of its reliability. Steel cases are a little more abrasive than Brass therefore tend to "stick" a little creating slow ejection ie stovepipes. As far as comparison the f150 with 92 is not the case. More like why would you buy a corvette and put 87 in it? Feed it Brass and it will work fine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    0119 and BigBuckeyeGuy thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I plink with Winchester white box ball, my FNX eats it up. Never had an issue. I think I have a box of Wolf somewhere, I might put some through just to see what it does.

Id leave the slide locked back for a few days clean and lube it good and then try it again. Maybe buy some decent ammo to and shoot if for awhile, then im sure the cheap stuff will work. I never did anything to my fnx and it has never had one malfunction with 600 rds through it. I am shooting reman freedom munitions 230 ball. Very good ammo for a very good price.
    StephenM thanked this.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    SCAR 17s FDE Nightforce 3.5-15x50
    SCAR 16s FDE Trijicon accupoint 5-20x50
    Fs2000 standard optic
    FiveSeveN usg BLACK
    FiveSeveN usg FDE
    PS90 black USSS sight
    Ps90 huntertown arms shroud aimpoint micro t-1
    FNX 45 tac black

UPDATE**** Due to the extreme fan boy b***ing i received about how awful the ammo was (even though every other 45 i own cycles it) I Bought 4 boxes of 230gr Winchester white box earlier today and two boxes of blazer 230gr. fired all 300 rnds, total failure count after 200 rounds of wwb ( and yes the gun was stripped down lightly greased and oiled as per page 32 of instruction manual it came with...for all those crying about how it was my fault for not properly cleaning it) was 4 failure to fully eject where the slide would be locked up on a case that barely popped out of the chamber and 12 stoves pipes, there was also one fail to fire but im going to account that to a bad primer. Blazer ammo didn't have a single hang up and ran flawlessly, chrono showed blazer traveling at 843fps 5 shot average with the highest velocity being 855 and the lowest 837...... wwb came in at 802 five shot average, highest velocity being 828 , lowest 790.....
    Last edited by StephenM; 05-15-2016 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FivesevenGOD View Post
    Id leave the slide locked back for a few days clean and lube it good and then try it again. Maybe buy some decent ammo to and shoot if for awhile, then im sure the cheap stuff will work. I never did anything to my fnx and it has never had one malfunction with 600 rds through it. I am shooting reman freedom munitions 230 ball. Very good ammo for a very good price.
    Thats good to hear because i ordered 1000rnds last night from freedom munitions because it was such a good price, i was pretty nervous to get 1000 rnds of junk in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by glocksonlock View Post
    Dont think you need to spend anymore money on the pistol. As previously mentioned by a few people I would blame the Ammo/user before the pistol as it was build for combat and I am sure that Steel is not a military ammo due to the fact of its reliability. Steel cases are a little more abrasive than Brass therefore tend to "stick" a little creating slow ejection ie stovepipes. As far as comparison the f150 with 92 is not the case. More like why would you buy a corvette and put 87 in it? Feed it Brass and it will work fine
    I have fed it brass, still is not 100% reliable both perfecta and wwb are brass and both wont cycle all the time, thats why i am looking for lighter springs, maybe i got a gun made at 4:59 on friday idk..... but the fan boys making excuses for the gun and saying user error or bad ammo instead of offering solutions grows old, if the ammo meets SAAMI and or CIP it should work its as simple as that..... and if i had bought a 1911 set up for 3 gun i would say your corvette analogy would be correct but that isn't the case, i bought a combat pistol meant for serious work so i would say my work truck that only runs on Exxon 92 analogy is more representative of the situation.

buying remanufactured ammo from Freedom Munitions or Winchester White Box isn't moving in the direction of quality ammo IMO. There have been several threads on this forum about how WWB is underpowered and has caused several failures of several different kinds. This year alone there have been several posts on this forum, instagram and other internet sources of problems with Freedom Munitions that included specific lot #'s. No fan boy here just trying to point you in the right direction. Many have shot Freedom Munitions without problem, including myself but after the first lot was gone I decided to move on to more quietly ammo. Good luck and enjoy your FNX45T.

Sounds like the guy who bought a Ferrai and is complaining that it doesn't run well with Rotten Robbie regular gasoline and is now thinking the fix is to adjust the timing and changing injector jets. I'm sorry you're having problems running on low grade ammunition but think of it this way: How much is your life worth to you if you were to be caught in a gunfight with your current choice of ammunition? Rather than tweeking your pistol, find a brand of ammunition that will work reliably in it and stick with this brand.
    Last edited by marshal kane; 05-16-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links