FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree43Thanks

Thread: FNX 45 Tactical Issues

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenM View Post
    I Bought 4 boxes of 230gr Winchester white box .
    Just a FYI, there have been problems reported using that round.
    BigBuckeyeGuy thanked this.
    FS2000 Gen 1
    PS90-SBR Gen 2
    FiveseveN
    FN HP SFS
    FN Model 1905/1906
    (MM's #3860084010, #3860084030, #3810084020, #3480084020)

I have fed it brass, still is not 100% reliable both perfecta and wwb are brass and both wont cycle all the time, thats why i am looking for lighter springs, maybe i got a gun made at 4:59 on friday idk..... but the fan boys making excuses for the gun and saying user error or bad ammo instead of offering solutions grows old, if the ammo meets SAAMI and or CIP it should work its as simple as that..... and if i had bought a 1911 set up for 3 gun i would say your corvette analogy would be correct but that isn't the case, i bought a combat pistol meant for serious work so i would say my work truck that only runs on Exxon 92 analogy is more representative of the situation.
    The good folks of this forum, which you call "fan boys", have provided you with enough information to make an educated decision. Buy the DPM lighter spring unit, or fire enough rounds through it so that it will properly cycle lower pressure ammo. SAAMI and CIP specs provide a standard of safe chamber pressure that is not to be exceeded. This is the maximum recommended loading, and has absolutely nothing to do with a minimum standard for functionality. "its as simple as that". Sounds like it's the Indian and not the arrow on this occasion!
    Mntsnow, BigBuckeyeGuy and LESTER thanked this.

I have fed it brass, still is not 100% reliable both perfecta and wwb are brass and both wont cycle all the time, thats why i am looking for lighter springs, maybe i got a gun made at 4:59 on friday idk..... but the fan boys making excuses for the gun and saying user error or bad ammo instead of offering solutions grows old, if the ammo meets SAAMI and or CIP it should work its as simple as that..... and if i had bought a 1911 set up for 3 gun i would say your corvette analogy would be correct but that isn't the case, i bought a combat pistol meant for serious work so i would say my work truck that only runs on Exxon 92 analogy is more representative of the situation.
    Not so much a glock is a work Truck. I shoot yellow box bulk UMC out of mine and it runs fine just dirty. If you are looking for a reasonable priced Brass ammo or as said earlier reload. I have had mis cues with WWB in many of my pistols from Sig to Kimber it is just flat out crappy inconsistently charged ammo. I would definitely do the recommended clean, break in and leave the slide locked back while in storage and I am sure it will all come out just fine and you will see why all the "fanboys" (aka the people that have the pistol and know how well built and reliable it is) are defending it. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    BigBuckeyeGuy and ferosin thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

3 different FNX .45's working smoothly with just about any decent ammo after a few hundred rounds put through them and flawlessly with quality ammo. I've had issues with just about every firearm I've ever owned when using lesser quality ammo. Follow the suggestions for breaking in the recoil springs and feed it better ammo and you will come to enjoy the FNX

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    - Mike -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Benefactor Life Member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Life Member

Ambassador Life Member
    FN Gear
    Scar 17s FDE
    FNX-45 Tactical FDE (Twins)
    FNX-45 Blk
    FiveSeveN FDE
    My Oath to defend our nation against all enemies... was and is still an oath for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBuckeyeGuy View Post
    buying remanufactured ammo from Freedom Munitions or Winchester White Box isn't moving in the direction of quality ammo IMO. There have been several threads on this forum about how WWB is underpowered and has caused several failures of several different kinds. This year alone there have been several posts on this forum, instagram and other internet sources of problems with Freedom Munitions that included specific lot #'s. No fan boy here just trying to point you in the right direction. Many have shot Freedom Munitions without problem, including myself but after the first lot was gone I decided to move on to more quietly ammo. Good luck and enjoy your FNX45T.
    I didn't get remanufactured, I got the new production 230gr..... I have only heard of issues with remanufactured from them, havnt heard anything bad about new production.... have you?

Sorry to her about your issues. It is always disappointing when an expensive toy doesn't meet expectations. People blame it on the ammo, which is legit, but it doesn't make it any better. I've owned 2 FNX tacticals. The first was an early production dog. It could not fire more than 4 rounds in a row without a malfunction. I tried every trick, and it would not run reliably. I got rid of it. The gun had some good qualities in spite of this. It felt good, holds an amazing amount of ammo in a small grip, and is more accurate than I am. These qualities made me give it a second try. I purchased another one half way on a whim. I was picking up a MK23 I had ordered and saw the FNX in the case.

Fast forward, it is one of my favorite guns in my collection. I have intentionally run a good amount wolf and tula through it to check reliability. This gun has not had a single malfunction of any kind. I have run it suppressed and not. I actually prefer it to my MK23, which ironically is as big as my Desert Eagle and holds 3 less rounds.

If I had not experienced my first FNX T I would think you were crazy. But I understand your frustration, and I agree that a 1200 gun should be happy to eat whatever I feed it. Especially since my $500 glocks can do it. Be patient and let it break in a bit. You'll be happy you did

Also not to be insulting, limp wristing can cause serious problems with these guns with the tight strong springs. Tighten up your grip and stance and see if it makes difference
    Last edited by six-n-twins; 05-16-2016 at 07:42 PM.
    StephenM thanked this.

Yes, a little bit of a limp wrist will introduce issues when brand new even with quality ammo. My wife had this issue during her first usage of the FNX until I watched and found her letting the pistol rock back more than usual, But once I pointed that out she didn't have any more issues.
    Buffman thanked this.
    - Mike -

Benefactor Life Member

Life Member

Ambassador Life Member
    FN Gear
    Scar 17s FDE
    FNX-45 Tactical FDE (Twins)
    FNX-45 Blk
    FiveSeveN FDE
    My Oath to defend our nation against all enemies... was and is still an oath for me.

Quote Originally Posted by six-n-twins View Post
    Sorry to her about your issues. It is always disappointing when an expensive toy doesn't meet expectations. People blame it on the ammo, which is legit, but it doesn't make it any better. I've owned 2 FNX tacticals. The first was an early production dog. It could not fire more than 4 rounds in a row without a malfunction. I tried every trick, and it would not run reliably. I got rid of it. The gun had some good qualities in spite of this. It felt good, holds an amazing amount of ammo in a small grip, and is more accurate than I am. These qualities made me give it a second try. I purchased another one half way on a whim. I was picking up a MK23 I had ordered and saw the FNX in the case.

Fast forward, it is one of my favorite guns in my collection. I have intentionally run a good amount wolf and tula through it to check reliability. This gun has not had a single malfunction of any kind. I have run it suppressed and not. I actually prefer it to my MK23, which ironically is as big as my Desert Eagle and holds 3 less rounds.

If I had not experienced my first FNX T I would think you were crazy. But I understand your frustration, and I agree that a 1200 gun should be happy to eat whatever I feed it. Especially since my $500 glocks can do it. Be patient and let it break in a bit. You'll be happy you did

Also not to be insulting, limp wristing can cause serious problems with these guns with the tight strong springs. Tighten up your grip and stance and see if it makes difference
    No offence taken, it is a common issue with new shooters.... especially with polymer framed guns, but with that in mind i would consider my self a relatively experienced shooter and own quite a few polymer framed guns, think im going to sit in front of the tv on my next day off and rack the slide back about 2000 time..... and AMEN to that, i fully realize its the low powered ammo im running, but like we both said, if my $500 glock can do it my $1200 fnx dam well should. Almost everyone who has commented keeps telling me how if i just ran good ammo it would work and that its not the guns fault.... YES I FULLY REALIZE THIS!!!!!! AND FOR SELF DEFENSE YES I WILL BE RUNNING PREMIUM GRADE AMMO!!!!!! BUT REGARDLESS IF ITS MY GO TO PISTOL FOR AN EMERGENCY/ SHTF/WROL IT NEEDS TO CYCLE EVERYTHING WITHOUT BIAS!!!!!!

Sorry to hear dude mine has ran all brands of brass, aluminum and even steel. I have 4000 rounds thur it with zero malfunctions.
    My advice would be to rack the slide back hard about 100 times and that should help loosen the spring.

Dont give up it to bada$$
    StephenM thanked this.
    FN /////AMG HK Sig

Sounds like you're limp wristing the gun to get all those failures..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links