FNX 45 Tactical Issues - Page 6

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thanks Tree43Thanks

Thread: FNX 45 Tactical Issues

Quote Originally Posted by USA-Ret View Post
    Good to hear. I just bought the FN FNX Tactical 45 and have not shot it yet. I have a ton of lighter hand-loaded .45 SWC I used shooting my Colt 1911 GC. I want to burn this stuff up, Knowing I can lighten the spring tension by locking the slide back for a few days is welcome info. I would hate to have my first range experience to unfold like the Op's. Granted, running crappy ammo isn't the best way to determine a pistols performance or potential, but I can certainly understand the frustration when that same ammo functions in lesser pistols.

Generally as a gun breaks in, it becomes more friendly to all types of ammo.

Highly recommend you only use hot ammo to break in the gun , and I don't mean Winchester White box or Federal Champion! If you use average power info you should expect to have extraction issues. I would not even try your light GC loads in this pistol. The recoil spring is stout so that it will function with +P ammo. It is too strong for target loads. I have had much experience with the FNP45s and the FNX45s as long time forum users will know of me. Your FNx45 will be 100% if you follow my advice.

Thanks for posting.
    See above

Brand new FNX owner here. Tried some low-power reloads the other day and it stove piped on every single round. Switched to PMC Bronze and it operated flawlessly. Mere speculation but it's likely the low-power stuff just doesn't deliver sufficient power to properly cycle this behemoth.

****UPDATE**** Got out and tested the gun now that it got back from fn, runs flawlessly I ran a full box of tula a full box of perfecta and about 1/2 a box of wolf.... no failure's to feed, eject or fire ..... very pleased with it

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by StephenM View Post
    ****UPDATE**** Got out and tested the gun now that it got back from fn, runs flawlessly I ran a full box of tula a full box of perfecta and about 1/2 a box of wolf.... no failure's to feed, eject or fire ..... very pleased with it
    Good to hear, I love my FNX 45 Tactical!

FFS
    I also bought a brand new FNX45 tactical in May 2016. Because of the looks and 15 round capacity and still my hands can handle it. Ordered 2 holsters for it, concealment holster, competition holster and open holster with belts and mag holsters. Very excited, first round firing it and it blew up in my hands. I have been shooting since 1992 with reloaded ammo joining IPSC type competition and has always used my reloads. FN will not warranty the pistol because it is indicated in their manual that they will not warranty reloaded ammo. I used my reloads with my 1911 and Glock 21 and has fired thousands of rounds through these pistols with no problem.
    What really opened my eyes was the injury I got on my hands are the same injuries that was shown in the pictures that was posted in this forum. It all looked the same and non of them were using reloaded ammo. This is not an isolated incident. Same bruises and injuries, same damage to the pistol. Also, when I had the holsters made, the holster company used my handgun as a mold and the way they do it is press it with heat. I haven't shot the pistol yet and the magazine will not drop anymore when you press the mag release button. What I did was taped the magazine with masking tape so that it will be thicker and insert the magazine in the magazine well and heat it up with a heat gun. I then placed it in the freezer. This solved the problem. What worries me is if I leave the pistol in over 100 degrees temperature during summer, may it be in the car or on the range table, the lower receiver part that is made of plastic will surely deform. I was also at a police range when they were training and all of them were using reloaded ammo with their M&P without any issues. I checked this forum as well as other venues and all reported the same issue, same injuries and same damage to pistol. It can not be an isolated incident.

FN Supporter
    i use 99% reloads in my fnx45t. i follow the recipe as laid out in the manual. i do not use max loads or near max loads. the only causes for kabooms other than gun manufacture defect is obstructed bore, wrong powder, excessive bullet seating depth both long or short, over crimping, and over loaded ammunition.

over crimping can easily cause the bullet to become loose in the case and the bullet can pull itself lodging in the rifling and cause excessive over pressure. an extremely common misconception about loading is grandpappy who was loading for wyatt earp said to get a good solid crimp by gummit!!

a proper crimp on noncannelure bullets only returns the case mouth back to its sized pre-belled diameter. giving it that extra bit of supposed bullet gripping crimp actually does just the opposite. over crimping can also cause the case mouth to go past the chamber shoulder.

reloading is safe and fun if you are following actual loading procedures and not advice from some guy off the interweb gives that has been doing it for 300 years... in other words go by what the manual says, its all in there and its in there for a reason.
    Last edited by JonM; 07-12-2016 at 08:25 AM.
    FivesevenGOD thanked this.

Glad to see your fnx is running well! Love my fnx. Has over 750 rds through it now with ZERO MALFUNCTIONS of any kind and is accurate as heck. Ive been reloading for a long time also. And yes, i have had a kaboom before and no, it was not fun. I did, however blame myself for the accident and not the weapon. No matter how careful and how much experience we have reloading, a kaboom is always possible. Its just plain gonna happen once in awhile. Whether it be a defect in the firearm or a defect in the reloading procedure.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    SCAR 17s FDE Nightforce 3.5-15x50
    SCAR 16s FDE Trijicon accupoint 5-20x50
    Fs2000 standard optic
    FiveSeveN usg BLACK
    FiveSeveN usg FDE
    PS90 black USSS sight
    Ps90 huntertown arms shroud aimpoint micro t-1
    FNX 45 tac black

I have an FNX45 that my wife bought for me as a retirement gift and I really love shooting that pistol! It is an ammo eater!!!

Is there anyone that makes an aftermarket guide rod that accepts glock springs? I already have **** ton of springs for my g20/21's would be nice if I could adapt them to the fnx...Didn't glock have the same issues when the GEN4's first came out? (spring was too stiff/weak) Not a big deal if you ask me.
    Last edited by sonicnofadz; 08-24-2016 at 08:33 AM.

OP would you care to share another update? I took my new FNX 45T out for the first time today and had numerous fte. I used Remington UMC 230GR ammo. Thanks in advance!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links