Eotech Sight, EXPS3-4 HWS 65 MOA Ring with 4 Dots, G33 magnifier and HHS-1

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree3Thanks

Thread: Eotech Sight, EXPS3-4 HWS 65 MOA Ring with 4 Dots, G33 magnifier and HHS-1

Eotech Sight, EXPS3-4 HWS 65 MOA Ring with 4 Dots, G33 magnifier and HHS-1

Hello, I am new to this (forum/fs2000/optics). I am trying to acquire a fs2000 currently....just missed those factory over runs As owners of this magnificant carbine, I was hoping you would share your thoughts/insights on the eotech I listed in title. Pros/cons of using with the fs2000. Thank you
    Last edited by mjsses; 03-26-2012 at 09:58 AM.

A couple of things come to mind: First, I think the EXPS series sits a little too high for a decent cheek weld. While this is a matter of personal preference, I found the standard-height optics (e.g., 552, XPS) to much more comfortable. Second, the EOTech reticle is already a bit busy. Again, this is a personal-preference issue, but the 4 dots without a magnifier might be a tad cluttered. Of course, it looks like you want the magnifier so it will probably help some.

It really comes down to the tireless firearm-forum question: what do you want to do with the gun?

K_wilkin, Thank you for your help. I (chuckles) have not purchased the fs2000 yet (shopping) but I am definitely getting one.... basicly I'm buying the kitchen sink before i have the house... <-- not the brightest idea! I have spent the last few weeks reading the forums here and researching. I am trying to be patient as the military overun $1500 vs all i can find now at $2100.
    Michael

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

No worries. I just sent you a PM on where you can get one from a local store for $1850. Not sure what their shipping fees are, but they are good people. They raised their prices from $1550 a few months ago, so they must be getting low on them. Right now, they have both OD and black.
    mjsses thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjsses View Post
    Hello, I am new to this (forum/fs2000/optics). I am trying to acquire a fs2000 currently....just missed those factory over runs As owners of this magnificant carbine, I was hoping you would share your thoughts/insights on the eotech I listed in title. Pros/cons of using with the fs2000. Thank you
    welcome to FNF
    mjsses thanked this.
    FNP 45 OD
    Five Seven FDE
    PS90 OD
    FS2000 OD
    GSG 22 AK47
    Remington R1 Enhanced
    Sig P250

Sorry about entering the post twice. I'm new to forums and a bit hazy on the navigation side.
    Last edited by Moondog; 05-06-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Entered the post twice by mistake.

Hi fellas, I put an EOTech 512 on mine when I first acquired it, but since then I've recently installed the EOTech EXPS with an ADM EOTech mount. For myself, I find this setup to be a perfect alignment, ei, cheek weld and etc. When its brought into firing position everything is right on the money, no lifting or turning your head to get a good sight picture. It works for me but may not be for everyone. BTW, I opted for the ADM mount over the Larue because of what looked like projections on the left side of the Larue, from what I could gather from the photos of it. I like the ADM products, have a few of them on other firearms.
    mjsses thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjsses View Post
    If you don't need/want NV, you can get the HHS II with the 2 dot & ring and save a little money too. Have you purchased the EOTech yet? If not and you aren't in a hurry, I know a site doing a group buy at substantial savings.
    FN FiveSeveN, PS90, FS2000, FN TPS

Thanks for the info guys, as I am newer and cant afford ($$$) to make a mistake I have been reading and reading for a few weeks now. I was really satisfied with Eotech's customer support today and figured I would share. I sent the below email and recieved a response in under an hour.

Daniel,
    I am hoping you could recommend an eotech setup for a FNH FS2000 tactical (5.56/.223 17.5” barrel 1:7 twist, 77grain ammo). I have been on a wait list with optics planet since end of Feb for the HHS-1, but have concerns now with height and ballistic characteristics, as the hhs-1 is designed around m4 with 14.5’ barrel with 62 grain. Would this effectively nullify the other 3 ballistic dots on EXPS 3-4 model? I was considering the xps3-2 or 3-1 but will g33 magnifier line up? Thank you for your time and recommendations.

Response:
    Good afternoon Michael,

I would suggest looking at the EXPS3-0. This one has the 65NMOA ring with the 1MOA aiming dot. The h dot retical was designed for a AR platform and will not work properly on the FS2000.

The magnifier will work with any of the current EOTech products.

Thank you,

Dan Lelko
    :End of response

As of right now I am still torn, I did FINALLY cancel my long standing order, I really want an eotech but still worried about the height of Exps3 (I would like to at least have the idea i could use NV...) My thoughts are leaning towards the xps3-2 which sits lower. I know the second dot may not(probably won't) match my ballistics on 5.56 but could be useful reference and would work with the 12 gauge shotgun.(dual purpose). I have a buddy who is going to let me try his aimpoint t-1 micro next week as another option. I just hate to commit to such an expensive purchase without having tried it.
    Moondog...you said you liked the "exps" height, you sure it's exps and not xps.... not doubting just trying to make sure.

Kronos...Thank you for the info but i would like to spend the extra little bit for Nv capability... but i'm not rich so if you are comfortable..what price are we talking on hhs2(that has the g33 magnifier, right?)

Thanks to all who have responded. Michael
    Last edited by mjsses; 05-13-2012 at 04:48 PM.

My mistake mjsses, I have the EXPS on my Wilson CR and the XPS on the FS2K. Sorry about that. But I do have the XPS mounted on an ADM riser for EOTech's, and as I said, I really like the setup. If this will help you any, I have the EXPS on the Wilson AR with a Primary Arms magnifier. The height of the Primary Arms magnifier is right in line with the EOTech. No problems with the alignment. The only problem is the Primary Arms magnifier sucks extraordinarily!! If you move it to the side for 1x you have to tap it when you move it back so its centered. Also, the windage and elevation are small hex screws that are a pain to adjust. Anyone else have PA magnifiers that are trouble? Just wondering. PA has a new model out but I'm afraid to take a chance on it. Believe I'll go for an EOTech mag. I got the PA mag. free when I bought an Aimpoint H-1. So much for freebies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links