Magazine and light mounting questions from a new fs2000 owner

FN Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thanks Tree11Thanks

Thread: Magazine and light mounting questions from a new fs2000 owner

Magazine and light mounting questions from a new fs2000 owner

I just bought one of the "military surplus" fs2000. Shoot about 200 rounds through it and I'm very satisfied with this purchase. However, I'm having some problems with my magazines. I know this gun won't take magpul so I bought some USGI from brownell (yellow follower), and it turns out these USGIs are too thick for fs2000. It's a pain in the ass to pull them out of my new weapon. What kind magazines do you use on your fs2000? I thought all USGIs are the same but apparently this is not true.

I want to mount a flash light on this gun, but I also want to keep the factory hand guard (I like it). Is there a way to mount a flash light on fs2000 without using a tri-rail forend?

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I think the trouble you're running into with the mags is the internal magwell gasket on the FS2K. It hold the mags very, very snug. You can either remove the gasket, or what I did was wipe the gasket with a silicone wipe. I does loosen up a bit with use.

I should have noted, I use the Brownells and Bravo company mags without issue (other than snugness).
    Last edited by akitainu; 07-24-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: clarity
    p0intblank and FS2KSTD thanked this.
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.” - Richard Adams, Watership Down

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” - Hunter S. Thompson

Last edited by cetane; 07-24-2012 at 09:22 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Of course I am compensating for something.... If I could kill something at 300 meters with my c*ck I would not need a gun!

Originally Posted by Clyde
    and then they get to enjoy trying to ride the concussion wave....
    and start peppering them mercilessly with flying hot brass

....well this Country is aboard a Dreamliner, and the Pilot is screaming "Allah-Akbar"

Quote Originally Posted by akitainu View Post
    I think the trouble you're running into with the mags is the internal magwell gasket on the FS2K. It hold the mags very, very snug. You can either remove the gasket, or what I did was wipe the gasket with a silicone wipe. I does loosen up a bit with use.

I should have noted, I use the Brownells and Bravo company mags without issue (other than snugness).
    Can I use CLP instead of silicone wipe? Will it damage the gasket?

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I wouldn't think so...but I've never tried it. I have used Rem-oil also...it was fine.
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.” - Richard Adams, Watership Down

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” - Hunter S. Thompson

Senior Member KIRK'S AWAY TEAM (GOLD SHIRT) Noncentsical's Avatar
    I spray mine with silicone spray lube. But I think just about anything would work.

I also use teflon mags, FWIW.
    Paul

HK USPc SS .45 LEM, USP .45 SS LEM, P2000SK .40 LEM, USP 9mm SD hybrid
    M&P 15/22, Walther PPS 9mm OD, Beretta U22 Neos .22LR, Browning BL-22, RWS 34

mmb
    I also like the factory hand guards but wanted a light. I took a rail designed to be added to CAR hand guards and attached it to right side of gun using the breathing vent opposit of charging handle. I will post pics tomorrow - works great and keeps gun lite.

I ordered a 45 Degree offset mount, hope it will work on my gun

mmb
    Here's how my added CAR rail looks with a 45 degree offset mount. My goal was to add the side rail without altering the body of the rifle.
    photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mmb View Post
    Here's how my added CAR rail looks with a 45 degree offset mount. My goal was to add the side rail without altering the body of the rifle.
    photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg
    I personally would stay the hell away from this light attachment method. One good bump or hit on that flashlight could crack the plastic housing it's attached to, or less catastrophically move the light either forward or backward. If you aren't interested in the tri-rail take a look at the handguard modification. I haven't done it personally, but there are lots of nice looking results on the forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links