sling for fs2000 - Page 3

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thanks Tree7Thanks

Thread: sling for fs2000

Ah, yes, it does, I thought you were saying it had a clip on either side (which it does not). I'm very happy with mine and Scott who runs the place is very nice to deal with.

Here's a quick/dirty cellphone pic of my setup (since I couldn't find a picture of the OD FS2K with an OD sling):

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoothunter View Post

What color is this, and what did you use to make it this color? This looks really cool! especially with the OD Green Sling

The SKT sling adapter (as it is called) can be ordered in Black, Coyote Tan and OD Green. That fur shur is OD Green.

http://sktindustries.com/2009ProductLine_SKT.pdf
    -Del
    THE Unrequited Shooter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Do you know the difference between justice and punishment......

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Having had the ERT sling and adaptor for a few weeks and using it in 2 classes, I have some observations. The adaptor can be installed nice and tight, and works well with a single point sling, if that's what you prefer. Personally, I prefer a simple 2 point sling, but the single point versus 2 point discussion depends on your mission, and what you want out of your sling. I don't like the way the adaptor works with 2 point slings. The attachment at the buttstock end is so far down the buttstock that when you sling the rifle over 1 shoulder, the rifle hangs at an odd angle. The sling itself I have found to be a fiddly PITA. I will try replacing the sling using a ISRAELI KALASHNIKOV RIFLE SLING. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up replacing the buttstock harness as well.

Quote Originally Posted by leigh503 View Post
    What color is this, and what did you use to make it this color? This looks really cool! especially with the OD Green Sling
    That's the OD Tactical model (factory color) but I think the lighting was bad which made it look different. The sling is the OD green SKT. I'll tryto take some pictures in the sunlight today.

STL
    Senior Member 25,000 Post Club Member STL's Avatar

Cool

My F2K machinegun, fitted with my RSM (rear sling mount), coupled with the Blue Force (padded) VCAS , and finished off with MI (HK style) hooks.

Untitled.jpg

Cheers!

-SS

I like the SKT buttstock attachment, but I too like the sling attachment point on TOP of the stock, so that when it's slung forward it can lay flat against the chest and can be slid around to the rear, out of the way, for carrying or malfunction transition to the handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Altnews View Post
    I like the SKT buttstock attachment, but I too like the sling attachment point on TOP of the stock, so that when it's slung forward it can lay flat against the chest and can be slid around to the rear, out of the way, for carrying or malfunction transition to the handgun.
    The SKT does lay flat.

However, you would have to flip it over your shoulder to your back if it malfunctioned during a firefight, which could be done rather easily. I really like the way it sits firmly against your chest and does not move. Then you can loosen it with a single hand. My only gripe is where FN put the forward sling attachment point. It can interfere with the charging handle. Any sling using this attachment point can incur this problem. SgtStryker has it right with his attachment point. For those without the tri-rail, you either have to add an attachment to the barrel or modify the forward grip in some fashion. Modifying the forward grip could cause a problem if you do something that rips the front attachment out of the plastic.
    Last edited by Delmustator; 09-27-2012 at 05:59 PM.
    -Del
    THE Unrequited Shooter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Do you know the difference between justice and punishment......

You're gonna get hell for that picture.......

Quote Originally Posted by SgtStrykerUSMC43 View Post
    My F2K machinegun, fitted with my RSM (rear sling mount), coupled with the Blue Force (padded) VCAS , and finished off with MI (HK style) hooks.

Untitled.jpg

Cheers!

-SS
    Why does the barrel look so long? Just the picture or a converted FS2k to F2k?
    It's weird that pirates would go from shore to shore looking for buried treasures; when the real treasure was in the friendships they were making along the way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links