FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree9Thanks
  • 7 Post By QB
  • 2 Post By cetane

Thread: When Will I Learn!!!!

QB

When Will I Learn!!!!

I'm waiting for my Urban ERT sling to arrive tomorrow and so I had my FS2000 out of the safe, just "messing" with it. I'd like to get to the range this weekend but not sure I'll be able to. I also want to take a couple of pictures to post to the picture section.

Anyway, I already field stripped it which included taking off the "switch" and of course that was hard for me to initially get back on (my hands are weak due to arthritis, etc) and I thought "what a mistake this was, what was I thinking". I just sat staring at my new rifle in pieces. I don't give up easily and so I did get the switch back on eventually and think I can do it easier next time.....phew!!!

Did I learn my lesson? Nope!!! Today I decided to see what a 20 round mag would fit like. It went it and locked just like the 30 rounder and then I realized what a TINY amount of it protruded from the mag well. Of course, with my weak hands, I couldn't get the mag to budge!!!! I finally got a pair of vice grips, paddeded them and clamped them on the magazine and finally got it out. I just couldn't press down the mag release with one hand and pull out the 20 rounder with my other hand, now that's pathetic The phrase "what was I thinking" came to mind AGAIN, along with a few other choice words

At least I installed my JudoChop charging handle with no blood loss or cursing

I don't know why, but I still want a FS2000 ODG but a like new one seems to be elusive at the moment (at least for a decent price)!!! Thought I'd keep the regular handguard on one and put a tactical handguard on the other so I could shoot it with a bipod at the range if I wanted to (I have to sit to shoot after a short while). At least that's my excuse for wanting two of them. In 2012 or thereabouts, I purchased two of them, one black and one ODG.......sold them both to buy something else and have kicked myself ever since (also sold both my PS90 Tri Rails) OMG!!!!!!

I shoot left handed and my AR15s are left handed. What I like about the FS2000 is the forward ejection, ambi safety/mag release. I can live with the charging handle not being on the "correct" side since I only shoot at indoor ranges and am in no hurry to reload, etc. My right handed friends that shoot my rifles are happy I finally bought a rifle they can shoot without shells flying by their face/excess gas in the face.....I always told them "welcome to my world".....LOL
    Last edited by QB; 03-17-2017 at 07:44 PM. Reason: typo
    FS2KSTD, Troublesx10, akitainu and 4 others thanked this.

Enjoy your tuna-- she is a fine lass and not as fragile as you may think!!! Thanks for posting.

I see you are in Dallas. Being a Texan means you deserve a second Tuna in ODG. Stay vigil on the search and demand a Dallas Discount !!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

These make it possible to pull the 20 rounders from the FS2000. https://www.magpul.com/products/rang...te-usgi-556x45
    akitainu and QB thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Of course I am compensating for something.... If I could kill something at 300 meters with my c*ck I would not need a gun!

Originally Posted by Clyde
    and then they get to enjoy trying to ride the concussion wave....
    and start peppering them mercilessly with flying hot brass

....well this Country is aboard a Dreamliner, and the Pilot is screaming "Allah-Akbar"

Live and learn. Yeah be careful on reassembly as to how the switch goes in.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 Obama leaves.

I am sorry you are kicking yourself for selling them before, but the one I BOUGHT from you has been lovingly cared for, fed often, and gets to play a lot on Range Days.
    It is a favorite of everyone that gets to shoot it.
    ~Bill

Life is hard.
    It's even harder when you're stupid.

QB
    Quote Originally Posted by The Marshal View Post
    I am sorry you are kicking yourself for selling them before, but the one I BOUGHT from you has been lovingly cared for, fed often, and gets to play a lot on Range Days.
    It is a favorite of everyone that gets to shoot it.

YOU LITTLE DEVIL I recently moved and don't have my paperwork unpacked.....did ya buy my black or ODG one? You know, I actually rebought them again and resold them a second time.......went on to Tavors and then X95s and just couldn't shake the FS2000 outta my system!!!! I thought how cool it would be to buy back one of my ODG rifles.....hahaha. I've actually bought back one rifle a while back, just to sell it again. I think I've settled down now and just have some select guns in my collection. I am trying to fight off the urge for an AUG but having to get the left handed bolt, etc is just too much trouble for me right now. I don't even know if I'd like it since I've never even held one.

Well, at least MY rifle has a good, loving home IN TEXAS

you have one hell of a curious mind, with this you should learn your lesson.

QB
    Quote Originally Posted by money d luffy View Post
    you have one hell of a curious mind, with this you should learn your lesson.
    Ya would think, huh, but probably not

Sponsored Links