Failure To Feed Correctly - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree4Thanks

Thread: Failure To Feed Correctly

Frank, I make and shoot three thousand rounds a year for NRA & CMP matches. Charges are +/- 0.05 grains, OAL +/- 0.002", results 0.7MOA, zero failures. XM855 (I have a lot of it for the Lake City cases) is inaccurate ( >1.75 MOA from a comp upper) and much less effective than a 77 gr bthp. Buying a high quality rifle is only a good start. Besides, you saw the pic in the other threads with stove-piped XM855. I appreciate the mag advice, thank you. It would be good to know if there is a pre-1994 brand of mag that works best. No one is screaming bloody murder. I make the assumption that you and the others defending the FS are enthusiasts and not connected with FNH. These forums always contain a certain amount of griping. I like FN just fine - bought their 5.7mm pistol last week. Below load testing last Sunday at Reading, 200 yards, new White Oak upper, 24.2 grains Reloder 15, 77 grain SMK, Tula SMR, Lapua cases. Ten rounds, 1.45 inches. Many do better, like 0.4.
    IMG_1170.jpg
    Last edited by fivescrew; 10-04-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Yes, you do have it better in Texas, and not just for gun laws. I can buy new ten round and pre-1994 20 and 30 round. Trying to locate a full length D&H ten rounder, that would be ideal. I have some other preban full size mags and plenty of green tip and will see if I can't work through this little problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fivescrew View Post
    Yes, you do have it better in Texas, and not just for gun laws. I can buy new ten round and pre-1994 20 and 30 round. Trying to locate a full length D&H ten rounder, that would be ideal. I have some other preban full size mags and plenty of green tip and will see if I can't work through this little problem.
    What state are you in? I have a couple hundred preban 30s. The funny thing is, they are all illegal here now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Of course I am compensating for something.... If I could kill something at 300 meters with my c*ck I would not need a gun!

Originally Posted by Clyde
    and then they get to enjoy trying to ride the concussion wave....
    and start peppering them mercilessly with flying hot brass

....well this Country is aboard a Dreamliner, and the Pilot is screaming "Allah-Akbar"

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I actually had similar issues with the factory FN mag. I tried fixing the feed lips and changing out the follower with a magpul one. nothing worked. I threw it up on the shelf and switched over to SS C-products mags. I have not had one fail to feed or double feed (that wasn't user error). My FS2K is a big fan of the C-products mags.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by samo975 View Post
    I actually had similar issues with the factory FN mag. I tried fixing the feed lips and changing out the follower with a magpul one. nothing worked. I threw it up on the shelf and switched over to SS C-products mags. I have not had one fail to feed or double feed (that wasn't user error). My FS2K is a big fan of the C-products mags.
    New C-Products or old C-Products? Mine has not liked the SS new ones and only tolerates the SS old ones. Of course, the ones it likes (Stainless Steel ASC) are, as I understand it, the new old C-Products under a different name.

I don't ask why, I just give it what it likes.

Come to think of it, sort of like with my wife...

Quote Originally Posted by Gungineer View Post
    New C-Products or old C-Products?
    What makes an old one an old one? Can you provide a date (I can't find a date on mine for some reason)? I think I got mine around Jan of this year from LJ Wholesalers or something like that.

One think I've noticed about my C-Products mags is that the round sits higher under the mag lip vs. D&H style ones. Doesn't seem to affect function at all though.

Off Topic- Does anyone know why C-Product mags get bashed over and over again on some other forums? The users posting here seems to have a semi-positive view of them. Out of the 4 that I've bought, I've only opened 1 and it has worked 100% so far; but I'm still leery...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank N Stein View Post
    Between a C Products mag at $8 and a top tier Brownells for $10 the Brownells is the better choice.
    After the SH massacre, Brownells QC and Testing went to crap. The mags that they are putting out are/were horrific compared to the ones they were making before the event. There are a few threads with comparison pictures floating around on some different forums that will give you some proof. I will say that the ones that they were making before SH were top notch and are still feeding 100% for me. It's been a few months since the problems first surfaced so they might have fixed their "operation" so who knows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links