newbie question - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree8Thanks

Thread: newbie question

Bolt locking lugs are exposed, but the bolt assembly won't separate from the barrel assembly... strange.

If you can remove both those from the stock I wound do it, so the hammer group isn't hanging anything up.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 Obama leaves.

Then see if you can separate the bolt assembly form the barrel assembly. My guess is you still have something in the chamber, that's stuck.

Proceed with caution.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 Obama leaves.

Finally did it. Here are pics of what I got.

I'm still jot sure what happened. I was able to clean it, put it back and will try adverse setting when I go back to the range next week. Thanks for all the help.
    BigBuckeyeGuy thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

The primer missing from the casing is interesting......
    "Why should I or the NRA go sit down with a group of people who have spent a lifetime trying to destroy the Second Amendment?"- Wayne LaPierre

"Just enjoy the time you have left before that dreaded knock comes. Get jiggy with a chick, say "later" to all your buds, give mom a hug. Don't go near dad. He'll slap you like a fool."

what are your thoughts?

Not the expert here, but is anyone else thinking this case was short-stroked, failed to eject, then got slammed/jammed awkwardly back into the chamber at a weird enough angle it chewed up the case neck like that? Accessdenied - are you sure the primer isn't rattling around in part of the rifle? And out of curiosity, what ammo is that?

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Well it is a LC case so it can reasonably assumed to be factory 5.56 unless it was reloaded.

The primer missing has got me a little concerned especially if this was a reload.

Please provide information on the ammunition, source, purchase date, lot, everything that you can let us know about it. Projectile weight etc etc....

If it was a reload, case trim length, powder load, powder type, AOL, projectile type, and most of all, who reloaded it?
    LESTER and dank thanked this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Will do as soon as I get home.

@HK SD9 Tactical, pardon my ignorance here. What concerns you about the missing primer? I can understand that it is a concern, but am curios as to the reason. Though I don't own a Tuna, I am still interested in all the information I can get for when I do get the fundage to purchase a Tuna of my own.

KW
    FNP40 USG

Either shoot with the Big Dawgs or stay away from the range. FN Leads the Way!

Keeping it on target.

Quote Originally Posted by HK SD9 Tactical View Post
    Well it is a LC case so it can reasonably assumed to be factory 5.56 unless it was reloaded.

The primer missing has got me a little concerned especially if this was a reload.

Please provide information on the ammunition, source, purchase date, lot, everything that you can let us know about it. Projectile weight etc etc....

If it was a reload, case trim length, powder load, powder type, AOL, projectile type, and most of all, who reloaded it?

By The By, the L.C. refers to Lake City Arsenal, correct?

KW
    HK SD9 Tactical thanked this.
    FNP40 USG

Either shoot with the Big Dawgs or stay away from the range. FN Leads the Way!

Keeping it on target.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links