FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree3Thanks

Thread: Guns and Ammo Shpping Rules

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

Guns and Ammo Shpping Rules

First, Check your Fed, State and Local laws.
    Don't take anyones word as gospel, as it's your ass that is on the line!!

FNFORUM.NET nor I Nor it's Affiliates take any responsibility for any of the Info here. It is meant as a guideline and a Warning. Do your own research!!

Known Shipping Rules(not Face to Face (FTF)).
    1.) Do not ship Ammo with the Gun.
    2.) All guns going out of state must be shipped to an FFL(no exceptions) UPS is still Gun friendly
    3.) Ammo Cannot be shipped through the US postal service. Again, UPS and Fedexare your friends and it must be marked ORM-D & small arms ammunition.
    4.) No loaded weapons(Do I even need to say this). ?
    5.) Complete weapons can be shipped UPS or FedEx. FFL's can ship weapons USPS, non-FFL's can ship rifles and shotguns with, UPS, FEDEX or USPS(I Personally wouldn't trust USPS).

6.) UnRegistered gun parts can be shipped Via all the big 3(UPS, USPS, andFedex), just make sure you know what parts are considered a registered Gun!! AR lowers=guns, Scar lower=parts, scar upper=Guns...
    7.) Certain states will not allow Certain ammo and Certain guns!! California isa prime example.
    8.) Certain knives, peppar spray and Magazines are illegal in certain areas(Ie Cali, NY, Cleveland...
    9.) Most Gun parts, scopes, ammo are illegal to ship out of the US. Don't ship anything out of the US!!

* UPS stores will not take ammo or guns(at least all the ones I have tried). You must take your ammo/guns to a UPS HUB.

If in doubt ask on here and then Double check with your local FFL.

Again, Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse when you are explaining to the Fedwhy you screwed up

If you can think of any other relevant laws, please post them on here and Iwill review them and add them to the list. Or if I made an error, please speakout(like I have to ask that ).
    Last edited by MP_OHIO; 06-21-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    x
    x
    x
    x
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its learning how to dance in the rain.
    x
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig?

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    You need to remove the NO on number 5.
    MP_OHIO thanked this.

Hello,

I am a new member and i have a question about your info below line #9
    "* UPS stores will not take ammo or guns(at least all the ones I have tried). You must take your ammo/guns to a UPS HUB."

As someone who always tries to follow the rules i would like to know if you are talking about just dropping off a prepaid & labeled package at a UPS Store or taking the item there and having them print the shipping info?? Also a word of warning about UPS Stores!! I have just had one of the worst experiences of my life involving receiving an item that was packed by and shipped from a UPS Store and the item was badly damaged in shipping and when i filed a complaint to UPS they told me that the "UPS Stores are "Franchises" and that they are not responsible!!" After doing a lot of complaining i finally got my money back about a month and a half later..

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I have taken a package that was clearly marked "ORM-D Small Arms Ammunition" to a local UPS Store and there was no issue. But, as noted, rules might vary by franchise or local regulations.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FREEDOM454 View Post
    Hello,

I am a new member and i have a question about your info below line #9
    "* UPS stores will not take ammo or guns(at least all the ones I have tried). You must take your ammo/guns to a UPS HUB."

As someone who always tries to follow the rules i would like to know if you are talking about just dropping off a prepaid & labeled package at a UPS Store or taking the item there and having them print the shipping info?? Also a word of warning about UPS Stores!! I have just had one of the worst experiences of my life involving receiving an item that was packed by and shipped from a UPS Store and the item was badly damaged in shipping and when i filed a complaint to UPS they told me that the "UPS Stores are "Franchises" and that they are not responsible!!" After doing a lot of complaining i finally got my money back about a month and a half later..

Ammunition MUST be taken to a UPS Hub, NOT a UPS store. You can also have UPS come and pick up the ammo at your place for a nominal fee.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

can you sell a gun FTF across state lines? Texas to Oklahoma?
    I Love This Country It's The Government That Scares Me!
    Stop organized crime.

Re-elect no one.

Banned

Guns and Ammo Shpping Rules

You can ship an unloaded handgun to out of state FFL but you have to use overnight priority.

Quote Originally Posted by twobravo View Post
    can you sell a gun FTF across state lines? Texas to Oklahoma?
    No, it must go through an FFL, instate transfers are what are allowed in most states, minus mine now...
    twobrav thanked this.
    ~Samurai

I ship ammo at my local UPS store all the time, in NE Philly.
    I am Infantry, Follow me!

Might I add to your post after #9 (*) If you have an account (business or personal) w/ UPS, and possess the pre-printed UPS shipping forms containing your name, address, & tel. no. and tracking numbers already on it, any UPS Driver will accept a properly prepared & labeled package from you, saving you the time you'd have wasted driving to the UPS Hub (aka Customer Service Center).

vfin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links