FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree4Thanks
  • 2 Post By Mark McWillis
  • 1 Post By Mark McWillis
  • 1 Post By Mark McWillis

Thread: Colt made M249 barrels?

Colt made M249 barrels?

Didn't realize Colt made some of the m249 barrels. Does anyone have experience with the quality of those Colt m249 barrel and how they compare to the factory FN ones? Also any reason why m249 barrel assembly are so much cheaper than SCAR barrels?
    "And here remain with your uncertainty! Let every feeble rumor shake your hearts! Your enemies, with nodding of their plumes, fan you into despair! Have the power still to banish your defenders; till at length your ignorance, which finds not till it feels, making but reservation of yourselves, still your own foes, deliver you, as most abated captives to some nation that won you without blows!"

I have a couple and see no quality difference. As to the cost issue...many of the 249 barrels are surplus items so the cost is lower than you might expect to pay. Economy of scale also plays a role.
    CPTdaz and Smurky thanked this.

Thanks for the quick response, Mark. What would you say a good price for a new one is?
    "And here remain with your uncertainty! Let every feeble rumor shake your hearts! Your enemies, with nodding of their plumes, fan you into despair! Have the power still to banish your defenders; till at length your ignorance, which finds not till it feels, making but reservation of yourselves, still your own foes, deliver you, as most abated captives to some nation that won you without blows!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CPTdaz View Post
    Thanks for the quick response, Mark. What would you say a good price for a new one is?
    You can find NIW Para barrels on a popular auction site for $250.00ish. Sometimes as low as $200.00. Keep in mind that the true Para barrels will NOT be legal on a M249s unless you pin on a longer FH...or it's registered as an SBR.
    CPTdaz thanked this.

Damn, I didn't realize they are that cheap. Yep, I know about the less than 16" length. Would P/W the stock muzzle device should get me to the required minimum length?

Quote Originally Posted by CPTdaz View Post
    Damn, I didn't realize they are that cheap. Yep, I know about the less than 16" length. Would P/W the stock muzzle device should get me to the required minimum length?

No. IIRC the length from the bolt face to the end of the FH on a standard Para barrel is 15.something" I *THINK* the SA Para barrels have a longer FH that welded on so of you locate one of those you'd be GTG.
    CPTdaz thanked this.

Sponsored Links