Google Search
Thanks Tree11Thanks
  • 9 Post By JonM
  • 2 Post By JonM

Thread: m240slr

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

m240slr

well my fnh m249s found a new friend....

20160922_163821.jpg

m240slr from ohio ordnance works. plus my siamese wanting in the pic.

167569d1475028081-m240slr-20160927_205501.jpg

with m193 tripod and its trijicon TA648MGO-M240

20160927_152418.jpg

taking it out this weekend.

Very nice Jon.

Take some video.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by SONYtec View Post
    Very nice Jon.

Take some video.
    wife and i are taking it and the 249 shooting tomorrow.

JonM-congrats! Awesome. Ohio Ordnance Works puts out some very nice products. Your m240slr looks awesome! Can't wait to hear about the range report!

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

just got back. sorry its a m192 tripod i always seem to call it m193 like the 556 round...

anyway this thing is crazy accurate turning in 1.25 to 1.5 inch groups at 100yds using federal 149grn xm80cs. federal 150grain soft points hovered just a hair over 1 inch at 100. no handloads used this trip. 150 rounds fired no stoppages. it handles heat better than my 249s.

iron sights are shooting 24inches high at 200yds with a mechanical zero, i will probably have to contact oow for the other sight blade. but it really doesnt matter with the trijicon ta648mgo

we fired it using the t&e, off the bipod, and free swiveling on the tripod. but we were at a range where rate of fire was limited to 1 shot per second so we couldnt just run a belt through it nonstop. most accurate shots were using the te and tripod second was free swiveling and off the bipod was difficult to get small groups.

for a beltfed accuracy was amazing. reliability 100% . i bought some used links from robertrtg.com at 11$ per 1k... all 10k arrived in a big box in very good usable condition. only a few are a bit rusty. while the gun came with 2500links, those are new and will be linked on ammo going into storage.

only trouble was i forgot to grease the pintle cradle pins and getting the 240 off the cradle was not easy as the tripod is brand new condition and everything is still stiff.

for my limited firing today im thinking this semi beltfed is going to be just as reliable as my fnh m249s. im very pleased with it. will be taking it out maybe next weekend to a friends place where we can cut loose with it.

i have a short vid of the wife shooting it which i will post up soon when i have xferred it to my computer then to youtube
    Big Muddy and FS2KSTD thanked this.

Jon great gun I remember when Bob was starting this project back when and I told him go for it.{I should know I was one of his B.A.R.Disb} in the 90's and had the first ones off the line. These are great guns and they work, a little quick story time when L..E.S.in Skokie Il. was selling out he had two brand new MAG-58'S in the museum display. Mike said hey Ron you can have them for 5 grand..That day I bought a ton of mg's from him. And passed on them..THOSE two today are major buck's..that could of should of.you made the right move getting a 240 Enjoy.Ron K.

Sponsored Links