FN SAW M249S S for semi - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thanks Tree22Thanks

Thread: FN SAW M249S S for semi

Quote Originally Posted by JonM View Post
    i use a big soft cotton towel in the brass and link impact area keeps everything close by and prevents case mouth deformation for ease of reloading. also use a magnetic floor sweeper to pick up links.

links are pretty easy to get. im up to about 8000 links atm.

my m249s is not ammo sensitive runs 40grain varmint to 77grain match ammo no issues.

i did not use the mag it came with. i have used pmags, milsurp metal mags, and pmag drums. none show any signs of feed lip wear. the d60 drums are a perfect match for this gun and it will not work with beta c mags.

i use ewl2000 that stays wet through at least 1000 rounds. ive tried the battleborn i prefer the ewl2000.

but mac reaction is pretty much my teaction shooting this gun. it does not get old and its a beast.

ive got about 1200 rounds throught it with no gun induced malfunctions. only stoppage was one brass cased federal 55grain with not enough powder to cycle the action. bullet hit the ground about 50yds in front of the gun and was definately subsonic. we thought we got a baffle strike at first from the woerd unexpected sound.

it runs everything just fine with a surefire fa762k attached.

here is my wife shooting 55grain wolf with the fa762k. the loud pops are the bullets hitting a steel goat. we use a big cloth painter tarp for grass shooting.

im not concerned about spare parts as fn support is pretty good and i should be able to get what is needed from them if the need arises
    Nice post.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

Are these going to be produced in a limited amount?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Are these going to be produced in a limited amount?
    it is my understanding that the version that comes in pelican case with extra barrel assembly, certificate and dog tags are the limited run these are over 10k and the regular 249s that comes in card board box (8k)is not limited edition or run. They may not make thousands per year due to the limited demand/high cost but they should be making them for a while.
    JonM thanked this.

Congrats on this one, I know you have probably heard that one a hundred times. One more time from a owner of one myself won't hurt. And the Scar heals over real fast.. Belt/feed sweetness.Ron K.

"here is my wife shooting 55grain wolf"

JonM--Lots of great info in your postings. Sounds like the wolf ammo functioned as well as the brass ammo. Did you have any glitches using it or is it GTG for the M249S (at least in yours).
    Squatch thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Reflex View Post
    "here is my wife shooting 55grain wolf"

JonM--Lots of great info in your postings. Sounds like the wolf ammo functioned as well as the brass ammo. Did you have any glitches using it or is it GTG for the M249S (at least in yours).
    the only ammo ive had issue with is pmc. however pmc ammo has been problematic in every gun ive ever shot it in. ive had problems with pmc short cycling in m9, 1911, scar17, lcp, bersa, cz75 etc. pmc seems to have issues with low powder charges for a while now, so much so i had to hammer a bullet out of the barrel of my m9 on one ocasion.

the wolf cycled well with no hint of issues. probably not a good idea to shoot a lot of steel case in 223/556 as those small primers like to pop out now and then. but overall ive had zero issue with steel cased ive shot. i can see it could possibly accelerate feed pawl wear if you feed the 249 a steady diet of steel cases.

last range session we used reloads, federal and zqi. no failures all were decently accurate some went out on belts, d60 drums, and pmags.

if your using a drum or mag insert it till it locks then pull it against the stop.

our last few range sessions have been with the m240slr.

fn has announced the m249s para so im wanting one of the 249 para barrels pretty bad...

as for heat. you cant possiby fire the 249s fast enough to outpace the military full auto sustained fire rate. these are not your normal thin chrome lining you find on civvy ar15 or .mil m16 barrels. personally im going to shoot the snot of it until it goes nogo on a field gage....
    Reflex thanked this.

The 249s are not for everybody some like to just carry a AR-15 with twenty mags. but for sustained firepower you cannot top the SAW249, For in the semi mode you can still pop many rounds downrange pretty darn quick. and not really worry about burning up a barrel. As you would do with a AR-15 /M-4 style, Sure the zip zap of a fifty round belt in full auto sounds and looks great, But in a real fire fight you are not going to be zipping through belt after belt. But take a little more careful aim. and 90% or better what you do go up against will not be carrying a M249,Heck probably a Glock or a Shotgun.. Or a AKM semi rifle. I still would have faith in the 249 for protection from behind cover. or out the truck back window..ha ha RON K.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links