FN SAW M249S S for semi

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thanks Tree22Thanks

Thread: FN SAW M249S S for semi

FN SAW M249S S for semi

LESTER, Canyon Man, SONYtec and 4 others thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Ever since I went to the vet everything has been loud as f#ck.

Number 1 qualification on resume "Able to piss people off" and have ship load of references to prove it, But they all hate me!

Thanks for posting.
    blkbd and Reflex thanked this.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

dank, JonM, BigBuckeyeGuy and 3 others thanked this.
    SCAR 17S FDE
    FS2000 OD Tactical
    FiveseveN IOM
    Desert Eagle MKI .357Mag
    DWM P08 Luger
    Beretta 21A
    SPAS-12

WOW, Now I'm considering maybe a second mortgage!

So jealous of Tim.
    SCAR 17S FDE
    FS2000 OD Tactical
    FiveseveN IOM
    Desert Eagle MKI .357Mag
    DWM P08 Luger
    Beretta 21A
    SPAS-12

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

i use a big soft cotton towel in the brass and link impact area keeps everything close by and prevents case mouth deformation for ease of reloading. also use a magnetic floor sweeper to pick up links.

links are pretty easy to get. im up to about 8000 links atm.

my m249s is not ammo sensitive runs 40grain varmint to 77grain match ammo no issues.

i did not use the mag it came with. i have used pmags, milsurp metal mags, and pmag drums. none show any signs of feed lip wear. the d60 drums are a perfect match for this gun and it will not work with beta c mags.

i use ewl2000 that stays wet through at least 1000 rounds. ive tried the battleborn i prefer the ewl2000.

but mac reaction is pretty much my teaction shooting this gun. it does not get old and its a beast.

ive got about 1200 rounds throught it with no gun induced malfunctions. only stoppage was one brass cased federal 55grain with not enough powder to cycle the action. bullet hit the ground about 50yds in front of the gun and was definately subsonic. we thought we got a baffle strike at first from the woerd unexpected sound.

it runs everything just fine with a surefire fa762k attached.

here is my wife shooting 55grain wolf with the fa762k. the loud pops are the bullets hitting a steel goat. we use a big cloth painter tarp for grass shooting.

im not concerned about spare parts as fn support is pretty good and i should be able to get what is needed from them if the need arises
    Last edited by JonM; 06-19-2016 at 11:37 PM.

Well I'm thinking about taking the plunge on this, anyone know if they sell extra barrels?

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Psw757 View Post
    Well I'm thinking about taking the plunge on this, anyone know if they sell extra barrels?
    fn does not yet. there are plenty of places you can get saw barrels.

i contacted midwestgunworks about this and their reply was, they will have a complete line of m249s spare parts including barrels.

having owned one for a bit now and run quite a few rounds through it and having had time on full auto m249, the only person i know of that might hurt a m249s running it hard might be jerry miculeck. if your not him you wont really need a spare.

semi auto rate of fire is well below sustained full auto.

saw barrels are different than ar15 barrels. they heat slow and cool fast. i have gotten mine roasty toasty but failed to get it glowing. ran out of ammo.

i do plan on buying a spare barrel in order to put a different suppressor on it without constantly changing muzzle devices

my recommendation is get more links starter tabs a couple of nutsacks more drums ammo a suppressor and a decent optic before you get a barrel

9i64E7.jpg

these condor 42" double rifle cases fit the 249s perfectly https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...ategory_ID=426 comes with 3 big external molle pouches well padded nicely stitched excently rifle bags for transporting. the doubles come with shoulder straps like backpack straps
    plenty of room in the big zipper pocket for extras like cleaning tools suppressors ammo optics whatever even spare barrels.

keep thinking of things to edit in. before i got a spare barrel i would get a spare feed tray assembly as thats going to wear out before a barrel will.
    Last edited by JonM; 06-21-2016 at 11:06 PM.
    BigBuckeyeGuy thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by JonM View Post
    fn does not yet. there are plenty of places you can get saw barrels.

i contacted midwestgunworks about this and their reply was, they will have a complete line of m249s spare parts including barrels.

having owned one for a bit now and run quite a few rounds through it and having had time on full auto m249, the only person i know of that might hurt a m249s running it hard might be jerry miculeck. if your not him you wont really need a spare.

semi auto rate of fire is well below sustained full auto.

saw barrels are different than ar15 barrels. they heat slow and cool fast. i have gotten mine roasty toasty but failed to get it glowing. ran out of ammo.

i do plan on buying a spare barrel in order to put a different suppressor on it without constantly changing muzzle devices

my recommendation is get more links starter tabs a couple of nutsacks more drums ammo a suppressor and a decent optic before you get a barrel

9i64E7.jpg

these condor 42" double rifle cases fit the 249s perfectly https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...ategory_ID=426 comes with 3 big external molle pouches well padded nicely stitched excently rifle bags for transporting. the doubles come with shoulder straps like backpack straps
    plenty of room in the big zipper pocket for extras like cleaning tools suppressors ammo optics whatever even spare barrels.

keep thinking of things to edit in. before i got a spare barrel i would get a spare feed tray assembly as thats going to wear out before a barrel will.
    its interesting that they don't sell barrels since the collector models come with a spare barrel. I figured fn would be selling these. I've now seen several videos where the barrel for smoking hot and I'm sure it can take a bit of abuse, it would sure be nice to be able to have a spare or know you can get one. Dropping 8k with limited parts is a little concerning.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Psw757 View Post
    its interesting that they don't sell barrels since the collector models come with a spare barrel. I figured fn would be selling these. I've now seen several videos where the barrel for smoking hot and I'm sure it can take a bit of abuse, it would sure be nice to be able to have a spare or know you can get one. Dropping 8k with limited parts is a little concerning.
    They will be available but not yet it's brand new.

I'm not worried as anything that breaks or wears out is a call to fn support for a new part. If it was a gun like a spandau or lewis gun or vickers gun or m1919 I would be concerned as they are not in wide use nor being produced.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links