M249s? Or a bunch of other rifles instead?

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree66Thanks

Thread: M249s? Or a bunch of other rifles instead?

M249s? Or a bunch of other rifles instead?

Wondering which you guys would prefer owning. I've got about 2-3 more months of saving to go before I can nab a M249s for hopefully under $8000. But wondering if I should be spending the funds instead on guns like the Scar 16, FS2000, PS90, and a Sig MCX instead.

Basically... the M249s a huge amount of fun? Worth the steep price tag?

I think there is some cool factor there... but I would rather have several guns over one expensive gun. Everyone has a different budget though... Would also depend on what I already had in my collection.
    9mikemike thanked this.

Way rather have Barrett then the FN M249.....
    Fröman, Faustus and 9mikemike thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I rather have the para variant, or hk g36c and hk ump.
    "And here remain with your uncertainty! Let every feeble rumor shake your hearts! Your enemies, with nodding of their plumes, fan you into despair! Have the power still to banish your defenders; till at length your ignorance, which finds not till it feels, making but reservation of yourselves, still your own foes, deliver you, as most abated captives to some nation that won you without blows!"

Senior Member Aging Disgracefully's Avatar
    What is your goal in owning it? The answer to this would make it easier to give sound advice.
    aquaticpig and Kakashi66218 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by S*****4 View Post
    Way rather have Barrett then the FN M249.....
    Already got the Barrett secured.

But my main goal would be which would provide the most entertainment at the range. Not going to throw it on my back and go for a march with it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson184 View Post
    Already got the Barrett secured.

But my main goal would be which would provide the most entertainment at the range. Not going to throw it on my back and go for a march with it lol.
    I think it's one of those guns that will produce the wow factor when you bring it out... but for my range trips I would rather shoot some drills or focus on long range accuracy. If I were going to invest that much or more I would want something with a fun switch. I'm not hating... It is definitely a cool gun and will probably become a prized collectible in the coming years.

Were it me, I'd get a bunch of other cool stuff instead, or use the 8 grand to buy a legit full-auto (or half of a good one). The 249S is cool, but it's kinda "Ford mustang 4 cylinder with auto tranny" cool. It kinda reminds you that it's not "the real thing." IMNSHO

If I had F-YOU money, sure, get one. But OTOH if I had F-YOU money I'd have a large collection of full-autos.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.

I'd get a Semi M2 50BMG and a pintle mount for the back of my Jeep/Truck instead..
    39bc5200f46930315cc32eacf506b92f.jpg

Now that's FUN!

We have both a M249 with the fun switch (actually no switch at all, it is all fun all the time), and a full time fun M2. The M2 is fun the first few times and anytime that someone new gets to use it. The not so fun part is the $3 a round. The M249 is much more economical fun. Maybe if we lived in a wide open desert where we could mount the M2 on the half track or Sherman and drive around blasting stuff it would be fun for a longer period of time, but as a range gun it is just a heavy SOB that is expensive to run (and is too long to fit in all but the largest safes).

As for the OP, I am not sure I would spend the $8000 on a M249S unless my plan was to keep it as a safe queen for investment purposes (and that really takes the fun out of it). I would rather get 3 or 4 other guns that can be used. The cool factor of the M249S will be cool for everyone that sees it for the first time, but the person who gets to see it all the time the cool factor wears off quickly (at least for me personally).
    DAWGfan1980 thanked this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links