Modding the airsoft quad-rail (how-to)

FN Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Modding the airsoft quad-rail (how-to)

Modding the airsoft quad-rail (how-to)

I put a little something together for those of you questioning the use of the airsoft quad-rails on the PS90.

I ordered the airsoft quad-rail from KHMountain in HongKong.
    http://www.khmountain.com/airsoft/pr...roducts_id=779

I paid a total of $32 and the part took 15 days to get to my door from the time of payment.

The part is all aluminum and great build quality. The only thing I don't like is the finish, its pretty cheap and scratches easily. I will most likely end up refinishing it.

These are the parts as they show up in the box. No directions. Some modifications will be required to make this fit the actual PS90.

These are the main parts that need to be modified.

The round piece needs to be opened up to be able to slide over the barrel. I used a 3/4" drill bit.

The blocks needed to be ground down a bit so that they slide all the way into the PS90 frame. I used a bench grinder.

This shows the parts modified. The screw hole on the quad-rail need to be dremeled out a bit for the holes to line up. The included washer still covers up the modified hole. You will also notice I trimmed the side rails. This does not need to be done but it makes for a little more space around the cocking handles.

This last one shows the quad-rail installed

The whole process was very simple and only took me one night with pretty basic tools and the quad-rail fits great.

Post here if you have any questions.
    ThreeDprof thanked this.

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    got mine ordered the other day. Decided to take a chance and got a green laser and an eotech knock off. Couldn't resist for $35 each. Lets see if those chinese can really copy a product!!
    x
    x
    x
    x
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its learning how to dance in the rain.
    x
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig?

Thank You for the DIY, I ordered one from ebairsoft about 10 days ago and got an email it was shipped on the 11th. I'm hoping it gets here this week. I also ordered a clone eotech to see how there copy skills are. I did read on a website somewhere that they only have 22 cal to test the clones with and that they couldn't guarantee how it would hold up shock wise on a lager cal.

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    I got the eotech clone also. It is alright but definately not up to L3's standards. It uses 2 watch batteries so I don't quite know how long it will work. I put it on my ar15 kittykat pistol. I plan on selling it so no loss.
    x
    x
    x
    x
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its learning how to dance in the rain.
    x
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig?

I'll send you a pm so not to thread jack

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Good job on the Rail and post! +1 for you!
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Thanks again for this post it was very helpful in helping me mod the rail for my ps90. I opened the round piece to 1" in preparation for a barrel shroud I ordered.

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter Qmotion SIS's Avatar
    That quad rail does look kinda neat. How much weight does it add to the weapon and how is the finish holding up at this point. Does anyone make anything simular that doesn't require an fabrications to make it work.

Sometimes I feel like a nut!!! Sometimes I don't!!!

Save on your electric rates in PA, MD and CT.

Senior Member KIRK'S AWAY TEAM (blue shirt) JWolf's Avatar
    So how many people still want those?

Thinking about picking up 20 or 30 kits replacing the hardware and re-selling.

Those things are fugly. It drives me even more insane when I see people putting fore grips on them.
    She remembered how 'I managed to get him on one occasion, when I was depressed by the news of one German victory after another and the resultant intolerable arrogance and gloating of the people of Berlin. "What will happen, Herr Professor?", I asked anxiously. Einstein looked at me, raised his fist, and replied: "This will govern!" '

-Franziska Baumgartner-Tramer Mid-November 1914
    cited from The First World War: A Complete History by Martin Gilbert

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links