FN Herstal Firearms banner

-- ps90 optic guidance --

8K views 39 replies 12 participants last post by  dank 
#1 · (Edited)
For most of you, you already know I sbr'd my ps90 many a month ago, however recently I have decided to change my optic. I've been running a fnh red dot rmr style optic (gen 1-- shortly for sale here) but recently I've picked up an ultra low mount by trod. I want something as low as possible, red dot and as much as possible parallax free. Was toying with the idea of a primary arms red dot, holosun, or similiar. Trying to spend 200.00 or less. Suggestions? Thoughts? Guidance? If someone know if a deal at the same time, perhaps post it? Airsoft
Airsoft

See less See more
#2 ·
I stole the T-1 off my PS90 and replaced it with a PA MD-ADS. It has worked out well...especially for the price. I have another on the AUG and it has held up like a champ through a good number of rounds.

#5 ·
I changed my optics on my ps90 several times. First one was bushnell trs25 and it worked perfect. Then I tried eotech and it was also awesome but was just sitting too high. Then I went with h1 it was awesomeness but for whatever reason they are never on deal anymore. Since your suggestion with Romeo and holosun I got a few and like it. If there is no aimpoint deal I'm going holosun. Hey saving 500 is saving 500. I might get another holosun for my Sp5k so I'm pretty satisfied with it. I'm sure whatever you pick you will be satisfied without breaking the bank

#11 ·
I have an aimpoint pro on a tros low mount and it kicks Azz. I also have a holosun it is awesome as well. I really couldn't choose between the two. The aimpoint is definitely alot heavier but I feel like it's more robust (not sure if that is really the case but I just feel like it's sturdier). I definitely wouldn't mind trying out the primary arms offering. Good luck brother the PS90 is worth the blood sweat tears of perfecting. By far my favorite SBR.

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
I like this thread. I have heard nothing but good about the PA unit. I never looked at the Holo-sun's but did find it interesting that a larger LWRC dealer was pumping those heavily on their website. I don't know if that's good or bad. ( Buy a 2k-3k LWRC and get a free Holo-sun ???? ) They must be at least decent...since anyone buying an LWRC would NOT want a junko optic..... at least that would be my assumption ! I too suffer from an acute pain in my rear buttock ... on the wallet side .
Could be related to the couple of T1's that I have procured over the years.... I call it T1H1-micro dysfunction . I must admit the Aimpoints have never let me down.
In summary.... I need something to put on my 2nd PS SBR Tri .... Buying another T1 .... because there better than the H1's.....( LOL ) is just another complex mental short coming + if I get caught spending the stash for " The Princess's " wedding .... AGAIN.... I'll be blacklisted.
I run an Aimpoint, FN RD,FN Black ret./REM T3 on some of mine now... I sold a baby Acog because I just didn't like it's base and the addition of height to mount it ... so something in the $200 range that's close to combat level reliable...worthy.... would be " refreshing ".... ! There are no B/U sites on a tri rail.
It's real easy to mod a PS to nearly double it's MSRP..... which is ridiculous... when buying $600 & $800+ Aimpoints & Baby ACOG'S .

#19 ·
I have actually sold off most my expensive optics and switched to the PA Micro. My only complaint is when I leave them in my trunk in the winter and then go to the in door range they fog up and are hard to see through. I never really noticed this on any other optics of mine, but then again I don't leave a gun in my car trunk for more than 24 hours that often either.

#25 ·
One thing I'd keep in mind....if you want a Holosun I'd go with the Primary Arms marked version.

Marsh of Primary Arms requires fairly rigid manufacturing standards and has a "no B.S. warranty". He also GREATLY UNDERSTATES the battery life. My two sons have Primary Arms red dots on their AR's and the life on batteries has went OVER​ twice the stated life!

#37 · (Edited)
I just installed mine on my Tavor to try out, not sure if it will stay or if I will remove it.. I ended up needing a riser for the Tavor... Hats off to Primary Arms they have great shipping options! Two day air was only $11.01 on the optics and the riser... I will be buying a few more of these next few weeks. Will get up to the range tomorrow and try it out and report back

Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Air gun
Rock

#39 ·
Install completed. Picked up a tros low pro mount- and the pa red dot went on shortly after. Very happy with this new set up. The fn factory red dot was very nice and the rmr/doctors optic provided much more visibility, however I like the long battery life and NV capabilities (even thought more heavy) of the pa red dot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.