Upgraded charging handle for PS90.

FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree8Thanks
  • 6 Post By mjk1
  • 2 Post By fullcase

Thread: Upgraded charging handle for PS90.

Upgraded charging handle for PS90.

So I recently purchased a FNH PS90. The first thing I noticed was how small the charging handle is. It quickly became apparent that charging the weapon while wearing gloves would be a hassle. So, I've decided to upgrade my charging handle. And now we come to the major issue I have at hand. I'm not looking for an extension or a block. What I wanna do is install a spring loaded charging handle like the one on the HK91. Now I'm pretty proficient in mechanical design and engineering. I may not have all the tools to cut and shape items. But I got the drive to do so lol. My question is, is there any companies out there that will manufacture a charging handle like that? Or do I have to go outside the "box" and make my own. If the general answer is the latter of the two questions, anyone have any idea on how I would go about getting this done?

P.s. Sorry if this question has already been asked. I'm never really on forums.

S/F
    V/R
    PS90Dave.

Talk to Design Machine on here, the username of the owner is Fullcase I believe. I had a similar idea but I was thinking of a charging handle with a slight downward cant similar to some of the SCAR charging handles.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanm40a1 View Post
    Talk to Design Machine on here, the username of the owner is Fullcase I believe. I had a similar idea but I was thinking of a charging handle with a slight downward cant similar to some of the SCAR charging handles.

Thanks bud.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Well here is my .02, generating an idea and bringing it through development & testing & troubleshooting is not a small process. Generally if you don't have the machinery & tooling to prototype an idea .... it becomes a financial drain. When trying to make 1 part ( or 2 ) at a tool shop or machine shop at the least you will need a model ( CAD file ) or a " print " for them even to entertain the idea. Barring of course a friend or home machinist that is willing and has time to help you.

With that said maybe getting in touch with the above mentioned member who has a similar idea ( that may be in the works ? ) would be your best direction. Several years ago... I wanted a extended solid aluminum CH for mine.... it happened to turn into something else all together.... but I had the capability to machine it myself. It is my belief that without the capability and /or an another interested partner ( who has ) it would quickly become a exercise in revenue depletion. ( for an example of costs ) Assuming you would want the finished part anodized .... the normal ano shops have a minimum batch charge of approximately $150. Just something to think about.
    Maybe best to team up with someone !

Respectfully
    mjk1
    ORIGINALLY POSTED By " akitainu " As soon as my wife lifts our household arms embargo I will have one "

Trump " See You In court " ......

Sponsor
    FN Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by mjk1 View Post
    Well here is my .02, generating an idea and bringing it through development & testing & troubleshooting is not a small process. Generally if you don't have the machinery & tooling to prototype an idea .... it becomes a financial drain. When trying to make 1 part ( or 2 ) at a tool shop or machine shop at the least you will need a model ( CAD file ) or a " print " for them even to entertain the idea. Barring of course a friend or home machinist that is willing and has time to help you.

With that said maybe getting in touch with the above mentioned member who has a similar idea ( that may be in the works ? ) would be your best direction. Several years ago... I wanted a extended solid aluminum CH for mine.... it happened to turn into something else all together.... but I had the capability to machine it myself. It is my belief that without the capability and /or an another interested partner ( who has ) it would quickly become a exercise in revenue depletion. ( for an example of costs ) Assuming you would want the finished part anodized .... the normal ano shops have a minimum batch charge of approximately $150. Just something to think about.
    Maybe best to team up with someone !

Respectfully
    mjk1
    For the most part mjk1 is right, most companies will want a complete set of prints to even give a quote. And things can get very costly very fast! I don't work like that, because I primarily do design and prototype work I can usually work with some hand drawings and an idea. If it will be big bucks, I will tell you right from the beginning. As long as your flexible I can usually come up with a cheaper way to build most stuff. If it's something I like and want to sell, and your only looking for the one for yourself it will be very cheap. Also, work with what you know and have tools for. Wood, plastic, etc.. then we can transfer it into aluminum when we make the prototype. Anything can be made, it's just making it so everyone can afford it that can get sticky.
    Buffman and mjk1 thanked this.

Sponsored Links