Laser Bore Sighting PS90

FN Forum

Banned

Laser Bore Sighting PS90

I am looking for a laser bore sighter for my PS90. I am having trouble finding one that will fit the 5.7 x 28 round size. Does anyone have a link to a place that will sell me one that fits?

Re: Laser Bore Sighting PS90

Quote Originally Posted by BruceAZ
    I am looking for a laser bore sighter for my PS90. I am having trouble finding one that will fit the 5.7 x 28 round size. Does anyone have a link to a place that will sell me one that fits?
    See here (my post is the 2nd on this Thread):

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=578&highlight=bore

Bushnell Laser Boresighter - was about $36

If I may suggest, using a laser to boresight a PS90 is not necessary.

Take the barrel assembly with whatever sight you have mounted out of the stock. Put a standard bullseye target up at 25 or 50 yards. Place the barrel on a solid sandbag and look through the barrel.

Move the barrel so when you look through it, the target bullseye is centered in the barrel (you can easily see it). Once it's centered in the barrel, and without touching the sight, look through the sight and see where the sight points in relation to the bullseye.

Adjust the sight to match up the sight and barrel. If the sight appears high and right when the barrel is centered on the bullseye, adjust the sight right and up the number of clicks for the X and Y distance the sight and barrel are apart.

You will know if you went in the correct direction because when you check it by re-centering the barrel on the bullseye, look through the sight again and they should be closer together.

Continue adjusting until the sight and barrel both point to the center of the bullseye. Re-assemble the PS90 and fire a test shot. You should be pretty clost to the bullseye, and definitely on paper - enough so to make fine sight adjustments.

Unlike weapons where you can't see though the barrel, the PS90 is a breeze to boresight without a laser.

The one I am selling works with my PS90

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=13108

It is a class II laser, not the normal class IIIa.

Senior Member FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS Zhurdan's Avatar
    Honestly, if it takes you more than 10 rounds to get a weapon zeroed, you aren't being careful enough. 10 rounds at $0.44 is $4.40, vs. $35 or more for a bore sighter that you'll use one time. Not worth it in my opinion. Use UltraFudd's advice, get on paper, then adjust to zero off of a bag. Much cheaper and much more fun than a bore sighter.

Zhur
    Pst, look over there while I poke you in the eye!

Links