PS90 Incident repot.

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree32Thanks

Thread: PS90 Incident repot.

PS90 Incident repot.

Hello,

I was recently talking with a friend about the effectiveness of the 5.7 and P90 in general. He said that the Ps90 was a waste because it needed armor piercing and full auto to be effective. I said that most the real life operators I have ever talked to have never taken their guns of semi when they were in the sand box. I have heard this from 2 guys.

So he said to read some incident reports of P90 being used in combat. Does anyone know where I could get something like that and can anyone here speak on this subject?

That and the regular 5.7x28 is a great round with a great BC for its size and scale. It has no problems putting down small animals like coyotes and even hogs. I imagine it would work well against unarmored hostiles.
    therewolf thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Yes this is insensitive but this is the facts and facts alone. I am prior military and feel 200% for the lives lost. Fort hood proves the effectiveness of the SS197 round. As I said this is purely scientific. 95% of the Internet chatter about the 5.7 cartridge is B.S. and biased. People love to poo poo anything they don't have.

By the way Fort Hood should never have happened because those soldiers should have been armed. As any one of you here that served in the armed forces know you get stripped of your right to carry as soon as you step foot on government property. It's B.S. and should be repealed. How the F is cool for you to carry firearms when fighting foreign enemys but not cool to carry one to protect yourself?
    Last edited by KameronTKelly; 10-15-2016 at 04:58 AM.
    mjk1, therewolf, Canyon Man and 6 others thanked this.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    OK, .... let me gather my thoughts this morning ( If I can ) !
    The cartridge was originally developed to compete with the 9mm as a NATO standardization project ( in short )... here is the long dong version .... per " WiKi - leaks " LOL
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_5.7%C3%9728mm
    I'm surprised the Clinton foundation isn't involved in this one ......

I don't believe in my short period of being a 5.7 collector, hoarder, enthusiast, ect... I have ever heard of incident reports other than ( above ) Ft Hood and I believe 1 LE officer had recently lost his life in the line of duty ! ( R.I.P. = We Back The Blue HERE !!!! @ the Kave ).

I don't know of any P90's being used in combat over in the sandbox , nor have I ever heard mention of anyone being issued one amongst the returning " hero's " whom ...may I add are under appreciated. If there are incident reports that exist it would almost have to be internal to other countries military op's and deployment. Since the cartridge development and the Gulf War run pretty close to parallel ( 1990's - present ) , I don't believe these exist barring some unbeknownst " Belgian " contribution forces that could have possibly used P90's clearing dwellings over in " the Suck " !
    ???????

JIMO.... which means little and could be wrong !
    ORIGINALLY POSTED By " akitainu " As soon as my wife lifts our household arms embargo I will have one "

Project Warpath " Hillary Clinton Killed my Friends "..... !

Houston SWAT had a shooting in '03 with a P90 and a guy may be able to find the incident report. As I recall the projectile performed as designed. Of course there, as with just about any one that fills out incident reports, it was with full auto and SS190 AP, not because that is all that works, but because that is what they sell to the guys that fill out incident reports. Having said that, use of the five-seven pistol in the above mentioned terror attack as well as in Mexican drug violence have proven the velocity dependent non-AP rounds effective at lower velocities then achieved out of the PS90.

fnforum post mentioning the Houston shooting: Houston PD Article
    Last edited by drmaudio; 10-17-2016 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Spelling and link

Quote Originally Posted by KameronTKelly View Post
    Yes this is insensitive but this is the facts and facts alone. I am prior military and feel 200% for the lives lost. Fort hood proves the effectiveness of the SS197 round. As I said this is purely scientific. 95% of the Internet chatter about the 5.7 cartridge is B.S. and biased. People love to poo poo anything they don't have.

By the way Fort Hood should never have happened because those soldiers should have been armed. As any one of you here that served in the armed forces know you get stripped of your right to carry as soon as you step foot on government property. It's B.S. and should be repealed. How the F is cool for you to carry firearms when fighting foreign enemys but not cool to carry one to protect yourself?
    So... A little known fact is that you can CC on military installations if the Base Commander approves. That being said, I feel like I've only heard of 1 or 2 bases that allow it and I don't know exactly where to find that info... The link below shows that the AF sent a reminder to the AF BC's that it's at the disgression of the base commanders on whether or not to allow it. I feel if nothing else it should be authorized for active duty and veterans.

AF Reminds Commanders: Authorized Conceal-Carry, Open-Carry OK on Base | Military.com
    Last edited by Hebs; 10-17-2016 at 03:03 AM.

Fwiw, doesn't the secret service carry P90s?
    Second, I'm not sure how it would perform against a Kevlar vest, but there are videos of the lighter 27 grain bullet passing right through Bullet Proofed glass.

I believe this is the video:

I've read the doctor stating that terminal ballistics of the 5.7 stating that unless you fill a guy full of them, it's ineffective. But the same can be said for 9mm from what I'm hearing.

Pros of 5.7, easy controllability which makes for rapid follow up shots. I think from what I looked up, the Muzzle energy is decently less than 9 mm.

I haven't fully formed any conclusions past that.
    Esse quam videri

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Also this thread. 9mm vs. 5.7x28
    aquaticpig and 00stormbringer thanked this.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    The 5.7x28 has killed many aliens!

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

Don't forget Ft. Hood or does that not count as it was the semi FiveSeven handgun? I would say thank God he did not have a Ps90 or it would have been worse https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Fort_Hood_shooting

Last edited by blkbd; 10-18-2016 at 02:58 AM.
    M1P90 and therewolf thanked this.

Ever since I went to the vet everything has been loud as f#ck.

Number 1 qualification on resume "Able to piss people off" and have ship load of references to prove it, But they all hate me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links