PS 90 Proper Lubrication Points (Pics) - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree17Thanks

Thread: PS 90 Proper Lubrication Points (Pics)

Quote Originally Posted by jhs27275
    Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q
    I mean it clearly states never to lubricate it.
    It gives a lighter trigger pull and I'm sure the factory does not want that for you, you might shoot off your little toes by accident. It also prevents binding in the hammer pack under some conditions.

I've been running mine like this since 2006. It works, but as you say you're new to this so you do what ever makes you feel good.
    Was not trying to insult you in anyway, just trying to understand so thanks for explaining.

I use a product made by a company called KEL and it's a pure silicone spray, Not the watered down stuff at the autoparts store.
    Here is a link so you know what it looks like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_304642

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Ever since I went to the vet everything has been loud as f#ck.

Number 1 qualification on resume "Able to piss people off" and have ship load of references to prove it, But they all hate me!

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    How do you like it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jhs27275
    How do you like it?
    I like it a lot and it did slick up the parts. I also did the rails inside the gun before I sighted it in using my sight vise. The down side is if your going to paint or dye your stock then wait till that's done before you use any silicone as it will prevent adhesion and cause fisheyes in the paint. Tryin to degrease silicone impregnated parts is a PIA.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Ever since I went to the vet everything has been loud as f#ck.

Number 1 qualification on resume "Able to piss people off" and have ship load of references to prove it, But they all hate me!

I use Dupont Teflon dry wax lubricant on all my weapons now.

Sprays on like WD40, but you have to shake up the can first to get the teflon suspended and mixed in with the wax.

After you spray it, the solvent flashes off, and you are left with a thin dry wax coating that has teflon in it, and lubricates great with nearly zero attraction to dirt and powder residue.

A cool feature of this stuff is using it on my Mini 30, shooting the corrosive surplus 7.62x39, the nasty crap does not seem to penetrate the wax lube, so you wash it off with warm water, a pass of a bore snake with some water on it, and re-apply the spray. Done, and zero corrosion. It is a stainless model, so that helps I suppose, but even on my blued steel guns, it works well, and prevents rust/corrosion.

Any blowback system really benefits from this dry lube. (CX4, most pistols and carbines with no gas system like the PS90.) My 1022 is awesome with this lubricant. The first few 25 round mags, it can be picky if I put too much on, but after 50 rounds or so, it just runs and run and runs, no issues.

A light coat is always better than too much with this stuff. (And you can buy it at Lowes for about 6.00 for a big can of it that will last for years.)

I also use it on my motorcycle chain, and love it. No fling, no mess, and the chain stays clean and rust free.
    KingLamoni and mbjku thanked this.

Great tip! Thanks!

Teflon

DuPont™ Teflon™ Multi-Use Lubricant. Thats what I want to use on my brand new PS90. Despite what the manual says regarding not lubricating the trigger group. I want the trigger to be SILKY SMOOTH!

Here is what it says about the product:

"A superior multi-use lubricant featuring proprietary self-cleaning technology. Lubricates without attracting grit and grime, eliminates squeaks, prevents rust and protects moving parts. Lasts up to 3 to 5 times longer in friction testing against other leading lubricants"

And it mentions firearms:
    "Firearms, fishing reels, RC vehicles and bicycle chains"

The only question I have is will affect/ruin the all resin trigger group. Has anyone used this?

I just read ADJUSTERS Post above. Looks like he likes the teflon product.

I see,so that is where it goes.Thank you for posting.

good info thanks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links