PS 90 Proper Lubrication Points (Pics) - Page 3

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Thanks Tree17Thanks

Thread: PS 90 Proper Lubrication Points (Pics)

Lots of good information (but dated). Went looking for the Dupont Teflon Dry Wax lube and discovered it had been discontinued almost two years ago. What are you guys using now? Thanks.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff_Chambliss View Post
    Lots of good information (but dated). Went looking for the Dupont Teflon Dry Wax lube and discovered it had been discontinued almost two years ago. What are you guys using now? Thanks.
    From post #1.

The best lube for the pack is Balkamp all-purpose Dry Graphite Lubricant which can be found at most auto parts stores.
    LESTER thanked this.
    FS2000 Gen 1
    PS90-SBR Gen 2
    FiveseveN
    FN HP SFS
    FN Model 1905/1906
    (MM's #3860084010, #3860084030, #3810084020, #3480084020)

Just a thought, as far as cleaning the trigger pack, I wonder if I could just put the entire pack in my sonic cleaner and let it dry. Would that be ok??? when I purchased my PS90, the trigger pack was pretty much COVERED in oil...which obviously isn't the correct thing to do.
    PS90 OD Green Gen 2
    SCAR 17S FDE
    SCAR 16S
    SC-1
    Five-seveN FDE
    FS2000 OD Green

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by phansson View Post
    I wonder if I could just put the entire pack in my sonic cleaner and let it dry
    I would not.
    FS2000 Gen 1
    PS90-SBR Gen 2
    FiveseveN
    FN HP SFS
    FN Model 1905/1906

Quote Originally Posted by jhs27275 View Post
    I would not.
    Why? It is no corrosive and not overly hot...I don't think it would damage any of the components. Not trying to be argumentative, but what is your reasoning?

The only reason I do not see it being an issue is the fact that many polymer frame hand guns are cleaned in ultrasonic baths, which is essentially the same construction as the trigger pack.
    Last edited by phansson; 02-12-2015 at 10:07 AM.
    PS90 OD Green Gen 2
    SCAR 17S FDE
    SCAR 16S
    SC-1
    Five-seveN FDE
    FS2000 OD Green

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    It's your hammer pack, do what you want with it.
    FS2000 Gen 1
    PS90-SBR Gen 2
    FiveseveN
    FN HP SFS
    FN Model 1905/1906

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff_Chambliss View Post
    I personally have been using Hillman Powdered Graphite Lubricant.
    Shot over a thousand rounds through my PS90 and so far so good; no trigger malfunctions nor any apparent undue wear and tear in my trigger pack

Just a thought, as far as cleaning the trigger pack, I wonder if I could just put the entire pack in my sonic cleaner and let it dry. Would that be ok??? when I purchased my PS90, the trigger pack was pretty much COVERED in oil...which obviously isn't the correct thing to do.
    Why? It is no corrosive and not overly hot...I don't think it would damage any of the components. Not trying to be argumentative, but what is your reasoning?

The only reason I do not see it being an issue is the fact that many polymer frame hand guns are cleaned in ultrasonic baths, which is essentially the same construction as the trigger pack.
    This is a good question. I have no clue because I never used ultrasonic cleaning for anything except on jewelry. So what else they are corrosive too and what they are not corrosive to, I don't know.

The questions I have is the solution: I know it's not corrosive, but
    How does metal fare against it? The springs, bars, clips, pins, etc, are they galvanized or are they stainless steels?
    Polymers are not all the same. Some polymers are shorter C-H chains, others are longer C-H chains, and some are even isomers. Again, due to my lack of knowledge of ultrasonic solutions, would they have any ill effects on the FNH polymer formula they used in their trigger packs?
    phansson thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGEJIM View Post
    This is a good question. I have no clue because I never used ultrasonic cleaning for anything except on jewelry. So what else they are corrosive too and what they are not corrosive to, I don't know.

The questions I have is the solution: I know it's not corrosive, but
    How does metal fare against it? The springs, bars, clips, pins, etc, are they galvanized or are they stainless steels?
    Polymers are not all the same. Some polymers are shorter C-H chains, others are longer C-H chains, and some are even isomers. Again, due to my lack of knowledge of ultrasonic solutions, would they have any ill effects on the FNH polymer formula they used in their trigger packs?
    I agree, with what you are thinking. The solution (I mix with distilled water) I use is specifically made for stainless, anodized finishes, polymer, etc...it is actually "gun cleaning" solution not "brass" cleaning solution. The only thing it says to not clean is aluminum (discoloration). It does a great job of removing oil and light dirt, it still takes scrubbing for carbon deposits, but it does help it loosen up. I have yet to see a stain on any metal I have put in.

I don't want to screw up a trigger pack, but I might try it.
    SAVAGEJIM thanked this.
    PS90 OD Green Gen 2
    SCAR 17S FDE
    SCAR 16S
    SC-1
    Five-seveN FDE
    FS2000 OD Green

For lubrication, I use dry Molykote powder, suspended in Denatured Alcohol - ~1/10 after cleaning. I brush it on sliding surfaces, let dry & work the Hammer Group to burnish it into the friction areas, add some more, let dry & assemble, work the action. It is dry & is easy to clean by brushing, I use a dedicated AR Toothbrush. Bolt, Trigger, Rods, anything that slides. It is great to lube the Gas assemblies on Piston & DI guns, no carbon from burning the oils.
    GySgt and Omnislug thanked this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links