FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thanks Tree112Thanks

Thread: The Days of $48 Hammer Packs are Long Gone

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mjk1 View Post

To add to expand on LESTERS answer of " No "..... ( If I may ? )

The only packs that I have heard of failures on, are in " business rental weapons " @ approx 100,000 cycles.
    ( * Barring 1 exception * )
    The exception is :
    Owners whom start to permanently modify their packs with alterations
    It was 3:12 AM figured I would keep my response short! Only reason I was up that early had to pee and check to see if anyone was on the roof!

The only trigger pack failure I have heard of since being a member here! Is this one
    First PS90 Malfunction, Help Appreciated
    akitainu, dank, Smurky and 2 others thanked this.

It sounds like then that the likelihood of an owner ever needing a replacement trigger pack from normal use wear and tear is probably not likely. Manufacture defect with the trigger pack would more than likely get replaced by FHN, so it seems like it makes very little sense to have a spare except for those paranoid about it and those messing with them. An item that shouldn't need to be replaced except on rare occasions probably isn't being produced in high quantity, which would explain the high price from people buying them up and artificially restricting supply.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MacTX View Post
    It sounds like then that the likelihood of an owner ever needing a replacement trigger pack from normal use wear and tear is probably not likely. Manufacture defect with the trigger pack would more than likely get replaced by FHN
    Correct!
    akitainu, Smurky and hillbillyjim thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Manufacture defect with the trigger pack would more than likely get replaced by FHN
    Correct.

That is when they actually have them in stock. Without the pack it's a pretty paper weight. And they would probably have you send in the entire weapon and wait for repair in stock or not which could be a very long time.
    FS2000 Gen 1
    PS90-SBR Gen 2
    FiveseveN
    FN HP SFS
    FN Model 1905/1906
    (MM's #3860084010, #3860084030, #3810084020, #3480084020)

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    which would explain the high price from people buying them up and artificially restricting supply.
    If you want to see high prices look for a Gen 1 or early Gen 2.
    akitainu and dank thanked this.
    FS2000 Gen 1
    PS90-SBR Gen 2
    FiveseveN
    FN HP SFS
    FN Model 1905/1906
    (MM's #3860084010, #3860084030, #3810084020, #3480084020)

Quote Originally Posted by jhs27275 View Post
    Correct.

That is when they actually have them in stock. Without the pack it's a pretty paper weight. And they would probably have you send in the entire weapon and wait for repair in stock or not which could be a very long time.

Assuming FNH is a competent outlet, it would make sense that they would have a few on reserve for such replacements and replenishment of that reserve probably gets first dabs at what comes from the manufacturing line.

Now I get that sending stuff to and from gun manufacturers can take time, I had a defect on an S&W pistol that took them 2 month for the turn around.
    Last edited by MacTX; 12-25-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    It sounds like then that the likelihood of an owner ever needing a replacement trigger pack from normal use wear and tear is probably not likely. Manufacture defect with the trigger pack would more than likely get replaced by FHN, so it seems like it makes very little sense to have a spare except for those paranoid about it and those messing with them. An item that shouldn't need to be replaced except on rare occasions probably isn't being produced in high quantity, which would explain the high price from people buying them up and artificially restricting supply.
    That and the fact that the early packs are easily convertible which will get you into a lot of trouble. For further information on that, search the Hammer Thread sticky in this forum. Lots of information there for the want to know crowd.
    jhs27275 thanked this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Assuming FNH is a competent outlet, it would make sense that they would have a few on reserve for such replacements and replenishment of that reserve probably gets first dabs at what comes from the manufacturing line.

Now I get that sending stuff to and from gun manufacturers can take time, I had a defect on an S&W pistol that took them 2 month for the turn around.
    What I will tell you is that for me to get my spares, I had to go through a bunch of hoops of crying and dying and explaining that there had been on back order for over two years, etc, etc, etc.

The CS rep has to call "upstairs" to get permission to have the parts dept ship me ONE. You should have heard her when I told her I needed TWO....she had to repeat the call for permission to have them ship another one and then call me back to let me know that she could. It still took six weeks for them to get here and the price was over $360 for the pair.
    akitainu, LESTER, jhs27275 and 3 others thanked this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    The reason I wanted them was to try various combinations of aftermarket parts. I was not going to touch my original Gen 1 and Gen 2 packs and modify them in any way. So I wanted a couple to "work" with to check parts that were made available during the time that the packs were not available readily, which still is today.

We have "heard" the Midwest Gun Works, a forum sponsor, will be the sole supplier of FN parts to the general public. While they have some pricing down on parts, it is only estimates at this time.

You also have to remember that these are made in Belgium and are required to be cleared through customs and between ICE and the ATF, they have done a pretty good job of quashing the importation of these parts under the current administration. I am by no means an expert, but if there is demand, the supplier would want to fill that demand considering the profit margin made between cost and retail prices. So if the manufacture/supplier is not the hold up, figure out who is.

Like I mentioned, I ordered these in Oct of 14 so they have been out of stock for more than 2 3/4 years now because I know of some that ordered in May of 14 and still have not gotten them.

Let me be clear, I GOT VERY LUCKY and hit the right person the right day at the right time.
    akitainu, jhs27275, dank and 1 others thanked this.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 124C41 View Post
    I'll give you $52 for one.
    Think you are missing a ZERO behind the 2......
    jhs27275 and mjk1 thanked this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links