Gen 2 tri rail worth the price?

FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree2Thanks
  • 1 Post By krider24
  • 1 Post By HK SD9 Tactical

Thread: Gen 2 tri rail worth the price?

Gen 2 tri rail worth the price?

Hi I'm new to the forum. I have been lurking for a little while as a scar 17s and a five seven owner. My local gun store has a used gen 2 tri rail that they offered to me for 2k. We broke the gun down and it has the grey trigger pack with black hammer. The trigger pack shows little wear from bullets feeding. The OD green casing shows a little wear on the grip from handling, and there is two little tiny specs of rust in the muzzle break. The gun does not come with original packaging but does come with a 50 rnd mag and a sling. I'm curious to see from a collectible stand point if the gun is worth it and would you still fire it with out losing value.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

I sold my last one for $1600. And have bought one for as low as $1300. I've also bought one for $2200 right after Sandy Hook. I would say 1700-1900 would be a good current market value for a private party sale. The PS90s are going for a little higher price tag at the moment.
    Also make sure the hammer pack is an early Gen 2 if you are paying that much.
    LESTER thanked this.

The serial # was in the 51000's. Is not having the original packaging a big deal?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    It's only worth what you are willing to pay for it. I would not buy it for that price though.
    BigBuckeyeGuy thanked this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

51xxx is the right range for a Gen 2 but that doesn't meant it has the original early Gen 2 pack. The packaging isn't a big deal to me but some people prefer it. It's a used gun not a brand new in box collectors firearm. Still I would say 2k is about $2-400 too much for me. If you don't need it now then wait until more PS90s are shipped in and it should lower or get a new one for $1150 when they become more available again.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by krider24 View Post
    51xxx is the right range for a Gen 2 but that doesn't meant it has the original early Gen 2 pack. The packaging isn't a big deal to me but some people prefer it. It's a used gun not a brand new in box collectors firearm. Still I would say 2k is about $2-400 too much for me. If you don't need it now then wait until more PS90s are shipped in and it should lower or get a new one for $1150 when they become more available again.
    Agreed. You can get a factory new for much less and if you are really concerned about a Gen2 pack, you can take the Gen3 pack that comes with it and remove the hammer and replace with a 2nd Gen aluminum hammer from one of our sponsors. It won't be an "original" Gen2 but will work the same as one and you will have a NIB rifle with all the stuff.

Personally, I would not pay more than $1300 to $1400 for it, not when I can get a NIB one for near the same price....
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Thanks for the responses. I think I will take your advice. I'll wait for a price drop. It's going to be hard though I really want to shoot one.

Sponsored Links