• 5 Post By PursuitSS
  • 1 Post By 124C41
  • 1 Post By blkbd
  • 1 Post By TheGunGeek
  • 1 Post By blkbd
  • 1 Post By KevDoggy

Thread: Laser for PS90

Laser for PS90

I'm almost finished with my PS90 customizations, and I have a question on a laser sight. First, is it a worthwhile addition for those who have it, or is it better just to use a hold over? Second, if it really is worthwhile, what are some recommendations (laser only, I already have a light)? This would be my last item, everything else is done.

The BEST laser for the PS90 is the one offered by FN for the P90. It's manufactured by Laserex of Australia.

DenTrinity offers a lower powered version (Airsoft). And it's pricey.

Its not impossible to build a pretty solid copy of the Laserex unit, the main problem is you really need their switch.

Internal Lasers- The Long Story
    Last edited by PursuitSS; 02-27-2017 at 09:32 PM.
    BigBuckeyeGuy, Smurky, mjk1 and 2 others thanked this.

I should probably add that I'm using a Trijicon RMR for the sight with a Design Machine base to minimize the height over bore. I know with the standard rail the difference results in a greater holdover, however I haven't tested the hold differences on my configuration yet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I have a laser on the light, I think it is a TLR2? Because it is mounted on the side, there is not only vertical from hight over bore to deal with, there is also horizontal POI changing at distance from it being a few inches off the side of the gun. I try to sight in the laser as far out as I can see it so the bullet is always to the left of it. If I try to sight it in too close things are all crazy.
    TheGunGeek thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

If you ever feel like no one cares if you live or die, try missing a few car payments.

Lasers are really for high speed room clearing or close range, don't believe what you see in movies where the sniper has the laser on target at 300 meters and the laser maybe moves a 1/4 of a inch. Also try to hit a running target at 50 meters using the laser at low ready position then see how fast you can acquire the target with open sights. If you use a laser on you HDW then it should sighted for the longest distance that you can achieve in your home. Also before I forget running through the woods with a laser is worse than a flashlight as it will always giveaway your position.
    TheGunGeek thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Ever since I went to the vet everything has been loud as f#ck.

Number 1 qualification on resume "Able to piss people off" and have ship load of references to prove it, But they all hate me!

Quote Originally Posted by blkbd View Post
    Lasers are really for high speed room clearing or close range, don't believe what you see in movies where the sniper has the laser on target at 300 meters and the laser maybe moves a 1/4 of a inch. Also try to hit a running target at 50 meters using the laser at low ready position then see how fast you can acquire the target with open sights. If you use a laser on you HDW then it should sighted for the longest distance that you can achieve in your home. Also before I forget running through the woods with a laser is worse than a flashlight as it will always giveaway your position.
    Outside of a building or long distance I would use the red dot sight which I have zeroed at 50 yards. For inside use do you think it's worthwhile addition verses just using the red dot? Would the benefits be that much greater in this scenario? I don't have any prior experience to draw from with laser usage.
    blkbd thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunGeek View Post
    Outside of a building or long distance I would use the red dot sight which I have zeroed at 50 yards. For inside use do you think it's worthwhile addition verses just using the red dot? Would the benefits be that much greater in this scenario? I don't have any prior experience to draw from with laser usage.
    Lasers were for indoor use only as they were under powered but todays lasers can be seen in daylight, but that much power has created new problems but yes lasers are a viable tool when trying to aim and keeping you weapon close to the body for retention when house clearing.
    TheGunGeek thanked this.

Ever since I went to the vet everything has been loud as f#ck.

Number 1 qualification on resume "Able to piss people off" and have ship load of references to prove it, But they all hate me!

I have a PrimaryArms red dot w/ green lazer on my ps90. Its great for shooting critters around the house, just put the green on your target and pull the trigger
    Omnislug thanked this.

Sponsored Links