Google Search
Thanks Tree6Thanks
  • 2 Post By fullcase
  • 4 Post By LESTER

Thread: Ammo

Sponsor
    FN Supporter

Ammo

Hey guy's, PSA has that American Eagle 40 gr. stuff for $14.99 a box and free shipping for 10 boxes or more. OK for plinking.
    akitainu and QB thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Some will say yes some will say no! Here's a new video on it!

American Eagle 40gr TMJ Velocity, PS90 SBR

akitainu, hillbillyjim, dank and 1 others thanked this.

I don't particularly like it, it's pretty inconsistent, and the powder they use really STINKS, like literally stinks, makes a ton more smoke too. I Just bought two cases yesterday of SS197SR, was going to get their free shipping but I'd rather pay the $40 extra for ammo that's more consistent and doesn't stink/smoke/make my gun dirty real quick. It's just fine for plinking though, that little bullet is TOUGH! tested it in sand and I could hardly tell I shot it, no deformation at all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

QB
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcase View Post
    Hey guy's, PSA has that American Eagle 40 gr. stuff for $14.99 a box and free shipping for 10 boxes or more. OK for plinking.
    Yesterday I bought 10 boxes of FN SS197SR and decided to try out the Am Eagle ammo so I bought 10 boxes of it too (all from Palmetto State). The Am Eagle was $14.99 but didn't offer free shipping. I could have saved a little on shipping had I waited to order the Am Eagle today but all's good. I just ordered 20 more boxes of Am Eagle because the free shipping saved me $15.50 (what my order from last night cost).

I don't even have my PS90 yet and have spent hundreds of dollars for "stuff"

I only plink around with my guns at an indoor range so I'm hoping the Am Eagle is OK but if not then I'll stick with the FN ammo.

Thanks for the heads up.

Some ranges might not allow it, it's a full metal jacket and very tough, I imagine it would be pretty hard on backstops.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnislug View Post
    Some ranges might not allow it, it's a full metal jacket and very tough, I imagine it would be pretty hard on backstops.
    I work at a indoor range, FMJ are fine, steel core are not, hard on the steel back stops, it looks like a sparkler going off when it hits, which could have issues with any unburned poweder.
    KC

I shot three boxes of it the first time I shot my Ps90. I'm pretty new and mostly just like punching holes in paper. Seemed fine to my untrained shooting. My wife loved shooting it. Maybe we were both excited to be shooting it. I just received my 10 boxes on Friday. I have t tried any of the "good stuff" yet.

Sponsored Links