FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree7Thanks
  • 2 Post By Mark McWillis
  • 5 Post By Mark McWillis

Thread: Gemtech Quickmount for PS90

Gemtech Quickmount for PS90

Forum Members,

I am looking for some help finding the Gemtech Quickmount 5.56 12x1LH for the PS90/P90. I know these are discontinued items as I spoke with Gemtech about this today. I need these to mount an SP90 suppressor. If anyone has any of these for sale please let me know, I would be interested in purchasing. Alternatively, if you have some suggestions as to where I may be able to find some that information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,
    VADZR1

I have one. I am currently looking for a suppressor to fit it! I actually bought it from someone on here back in 2013... basically in the same situation....

I have also considered ditching the idea and going with a Brevis Delta P Suppressor for the PS90 SBR....

Quote Originally Posted by fn1234 View Post
    I have one. I am currently looking for a suppressor to fit it! I actually bought it from someone on here back in 2013... basically in the same situation....

I have also considered ditching the idea and going with a Brevis Delta P Suppressor for the PS90 SBR....
    I have used the Brevis on a PS90 and can tell you it works very well.
    PursuitSS and fn1234 thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mark McWillis View Post
    Well that certainly helps sell me on the idea, tremendous respect for you Mark.

I like the weight and length of the Brevis especially for the PS90 SBR. (Thank you BTW).

The only hesitancy I have is I am not a huge fan of the look of the PS90 Thread Adapter and after market Flash hiders. I sure wish there was a classic PS90 look alike flash hider I could thread on there for when it doesn't have the suppressor on there.

What would be your top three suppressors on the PS90? Which one do you like the best?

At this point I am set with the SP90 in hand so I will have to stick with searching for an adapter. Thanks for the info on the Brevis, may do that in the future. If you decide to ditch the adapter please let me know.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark McWillis View Post
    Mark, what can you tell is about the Brevis? It's a fascinating design.

What's the suppression level in dB? I'm curious about the reduction.

How do you clean/maintenance the Brevis? Since it's a solid piece, I'm trying to figure out how you prevent carbon buildup.

Hi jacking the OPs thread.... sorry. If I go Brevis II, I will sell you my Gemtech adapter. The other thing I would advise is put a WTB here and also on the bullpup forums.

Generally with Centerfire Suppressors, you don't really need to clean them. However you can use a ultrasonic or a dip - Brake Cleaner or the Vinegar/Hydrogen Perox... but you need to be careful with the chemicals, the lead acetate is absolutely abhorrent for your health and sanity. I would never use a sealed suppressor like this for rimfire... never...

The PS90 SBR is a truly forgiving platform in terms of suppression. I have used everything from Sparrow size cans to 7.62 and 9mm cans and they all work quite well. It really hinges on what other guns you have. That said, I would NOT recommend a Sparrow/Spectre if the primary use is the PS90. I think a little more volume will give better performance. I don't EVER clean CF rifle cans...it's just not necessary. The great Phil Dater, founder of Gemtech, once told me "I clean my suppressors in the same way, and with the same frequency, as I clean my car's muffler." I have taken that to heart. As with all things YMMV.

Hi jacking the OPs thread.... sorry. If I go Brevis II, I will sell you my Gemtech adapter. The other thing I would advise is put a WTB here and also on the bullpup forums.

Generally with Centerfire Suppressors, you don't really need to clean them. However you can use a ultrasonic or a dip - Brake Cleaner or the Vinegar/Hydrogen Perox... but you need to be careful with the chemicals, the lead acetate is absolutely abhorrent for your health and sanity. I would never use a sealed suppressor like this for rimfire... never...
    That would be great! Please contact me if you would like to sell the adapter, I can help fund your Brevis II! I will make sure to post a WTB as well.

Which specific Brevis II model are you all using on your PS90?

Sponsored Links