Help with laser install

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree46Thanks

Thread: Help with laser install

Help with laser install

I recently purchased internal laser for my ps90 from laserex and wondering if anyone has done this mod and if so had some pics or pointers that could help me out any help would be greatly appreciated
    Troublesx10 thanked this.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/640732155

In the above link- in a picture are simple install instruction.
    Cool!! Post up pics of it. Mind sharing where u picked up and the cost?? I've always wanted to do this but haven't found a way to do it for a "reasonable" price.
    BigBuckeyeGuy, CPTdaz and hillbillyjim thanked this.

Buy It Now for $1370..............OK. I'll take 2...Really??
    Omnislug thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJoe_2 View Post
    Buy It Now for $1370..............OK. I'll take 2...Really??
    Yup that would be Dezski, Tries to sell FN hats for $40 and a Ps90 black stock and a unmounted laser kit for $2200

If anyone wants one then this is the only commercial listing. DEN Trinity Shop
    Den Trinity wont save the product page so in there search feature type "P90 laser"

Now the Den Trinity is the real thing but is down graded for the civilian market, that means the laser is not as powerful and the beam is unfocused, Unless you pull one from a law enforcement P90 then its a Den Trinity as Laserex will not sell to civilians and if you ask them they will direct you to Den Trinity.

From some of the research I found its best to use a step drill bit for clean centered holes as you will be drilling on the seam line for the control switch and battery housing. You could lengthen the wires and mount the battery in the rear of the stock above the FCG where the oil bottle would go. Just to let you know I have not been able to mount mine yet.
    Last edited by blkbd; 04-25-2017 at 01:49 AM.
    Merlin, hillbillyjim, dank and 3 others thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Ever since I went to the vet everything has been loud as f#ck.

Number 1 qualification on resume "Able to piss people off" and have ship load of references to prove it, But they all hate me!

awesome! never seen this site before, not sure if the conversion is right but it shows $310 us dollars for the laser, that's the least I've seen it for, definitely interested! thanks for sharing!
    Troublesx10 thanked this.

$1370 for a vis laser setup?
    Troublesx10 and hillbillyjim thanked this.
    "And here remain with your uncertainty! Let every feeble rumor shake your hearts! Your enemies, with nodding of their plumes, fan you into despair! Have the power still to banish your defenders; till at length your ignorance, which finds not till it feels, making but reservation of yourselves, still your own foes, deliver you, as most abated captives to some nation that won you without blows!"

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    And as usual, the ad is full of lies. The output on the laser is at best 8mW, not the 10mW claimed. For a real 10mW laser, you have to modify the board hidden under the switch. There are two SMS resistors that need to be changed to up the Den Trinity model to the Laserex version.

As to the OP, save yourself some heartache and send it to a company that does the installation professionally. If you try to do it yourself, you will probably hoze the stock and then have to buy a new one for $350.

The company I am referring to is a past forum vendor and has a website that you will find if you Google Fu "PS90 Laser Install" and go to his site. Promoted Pawn......

He will also re-seat the laser lens that has tendencies to come out after awhile on both the Den Trinity and Laserex P90 lasers. I have both models and both lenses popped out after a short while. It is a very difficult thing to install this because of the drilling that has to be done and location of the holes. Part of the laser battery module is mounted inside of the stock and there is a support beam that has to attach just perfectly or else the battery module will not install properly. On the lenses, you can not do this yourself unless you have access to optical equipment that can target the laser beam at 100 meters or else you will wind up with a laser focused at a short distance and lost due to refraction from the atmosphere at greater than 25 feet.

I have detailed instruction if you want to try this yourself. PM me your email and I will send it to you.
    Merlin, CPTdaz, Troublesx10 and 4 others thanked this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    If you would like another idea for the install ( what I was going to do ) is have a Budd send me his P90 stock , that way I could split it and measure ect... so I could make it as exact at possible. I liked the step drill idea someone mentioned.... and in addition to that if your capable of grinding a " brad point " drill , or buying one that size, the exact size on the FN lasers activation switch is 12.8mm ). A brad point drill or " shim drill " will cut a clean hole.

Here is the deal .... a drill almost always cuts a little bigger than it's nominal size ( barring delrin ect.... ) . The major diameter of the switch housing is only about 1mm larger or less . When splitting the numbers in 2 because only 1/2 of the major - vs - minor diameter holds the switch at any given point the interference fit ( lets say )... is only about .5mm or less ( or .020 of an inch ). The tighter the hole / cleaner the edge the better.
    I was also going to fabricate a set up ( clamp up on the stock ) to enable drilling the location point that's perpendicular with using a drill in a drill press . Once again the better the preparation ... the cleaner the hole.

Just my thoughts on how my project will be tackled.
    blkbd, Merlin, hillbillyjim and 3 others thanked this.
    ORIGINALLY POSTED By " akitainu " As soon as my wife lifts our household arms embargo I will have one "

URIAH HEEP " Stealin when I should have been Buying " !

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Mike...I tried the brad point drill idea and bought the exact drills that I needed. Did not work out well even with the stock supported and clamped and using my mini mill as the drilling instrument. I think PP tried that as well and that is why he says in his instructions to drill a smaller hole and then using a grinding stone with a Dremmel, size the hole as needed.

The brad point drill chipped the stock between the battery hole and the "trigger" switch and now I have to find a way to repair the stock. But regardless, the lens' will pop out after awhile. Laserex does not use enough holding agent and there are many reports from LE Agencies of problems with this happening to the lasers in the P90's.

Remember folks, that as a civilian, you are limited to 5mW total output on lasers on firearms. This is promulgated by the FDA (of all agencies) which has authority over lasers. IIRC LEO's and MIL personnel as well as Fed Govt Agencies are not limited by this but that the firearm that the laser is installed on can not be personally owned, but has to be an "agency" firearm.
    mjk1 and Merlin thanked this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

I checked with the FDA before I ordered a SK Industries LAW-17 for my personal HK MP-5N Sub Machinegun. It was used by me on duty. They stated that I could exceed the 5mw limit. I installed a 15mw 635nm unit.

SK Industries was Steven Kelley. The man was a laser genius, well I'm sure you've heard it's a fine line between genius and ......

Steven states that now he's working for .gov designing a laser defense system to protect us from Alien Attack.

Here is a photo of one of his dual MP5 Lasers, mine was a single unit.

Merlin, LESTER, Troublesx10 and 4 others thanked this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links