Made a laser rail while waiting for my Form 1 to be approved.

FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree5Thanks
  • 4 Post By jake127
  • 1 Post By Omnislug

Thread: Made a laser rail while waiting for my Form 1 to be approved.

Made a laser rail while waiting for my Form 1 to be approved.

I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything like this for the PS90. The recoil is pretty light, so I think it should hold up. I did see several companies have different barrel extensions and whatnot that add a lot of bulk, especially if you are planning on SBR'ing. I cut a blank out of an aluminum bar, drilled the holes, and shaped the edges a bit. Then ground off the back of a small Magpul mlok rail and screwed it all together. It seems to work pretty well. I put a Crimson Trace CMR-206 on it, and might cut off the back half of the wings that overhang the rail. However, it works pretty well, and there is a decent amount of room to clear the charging handle. I am going to make a second one, and see if I can epoxy the rail section instead of using the second screw, making it look a bit cleaner. Have any of you seen anything like this? Do any of you have any suggestions that might make it better? The pencil indicated where the muzzle device will end once my Form 1 is approved. Thanks,

IMG_9687.JPGIMG_9689.JPG

I really like your idea! looks much closer to the barrel than the side rails. I have a laser/flashlight combo on mine but honestly don't really like how it looks and the position makes accurate shots only at specific set ranges, this looks like it would be more useful at various distances since it's better in line with the barrel. If anything I would sand all the rough lines out really smooth and polished. I can't think of anything else to 'improve' on your invention here, heck if you have a mini milling machine you could bust out some of these made from carbon fiber, micarta ( some black and white or blue would look awesome!) or even kydex and I bet many would buy them!
    jake127 thanked this.

I wanted something closer to the barrel for accuracy reasons too. The laser emitter of the CMR-206 sits 1.5 inches from the barrel, so I plan to site it in at 50 yards and see how well it holds zero. I think they would be fairly easy to 3D print as well. I used a cutoff wheel to cut the aluminum bar into blanks, then a drill and dremel to finish it. Then I made a few more to try the epoxy and possibly removing a bit more aluminum. A solid piece of aluminum with the rail cut outs and everything would look a lot nicer, and might be able to be slightly offset as well, but I don't have easy access to better tools.

Sponsored Links