PS90 Noob Help - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree21Thanks

Thread: PS90 Noob Help

I've got a new-to-me PS90 on its way to me this week, but I've been using red-dot sights for years on my other black rifles. I have some astigmatism myself and I've found that larger dot sizes (say 4 MOA or larger) really minimize the effect. Of course, there's the downside of having a less precise aiming point, but depending on the intended use of your PS90 it might not be a huge drawback—not that long ago we were all using iron sights and those front sights were all much wider than nearly all red-dot sights' dots.

For the smaller dot sizes, I've found that Trijicon and Meprolight seem to "flare" less while Aimpoints flare a bit more (I still shot my FS2000 in a 300m prone match with a 2 MOA Aimpoint and did really well).
    Drift thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I've got a new-to-me PS90 on its way to me this week, but I've been using red-dot sights for years on my other black rifles. I have some astigmatism myself and I've found that larger dot sizes (say 4 MOA or larger) really minimize the effect. Of course, there's the downside of having a less precise aiming point, but depending on the intended use of your PS90 it might not be a huge drawback—not that long ago we were all using iron sights and those front sights were all much wider than nearly all red-dot sights' dots.

For the smaller dot sizes, I've found that Trijicon and Meprolight seem to "flare" less while Aimpoints flare a bit more (I still shot my FS2000 in a 300m prone match with a 2 MOA Aimpoint and did really well).
    Thanks - and thank you everyone.

I'm really hoping to make it to my local pusher tomorrow (gun shop), and order the thing! I'm pretty excited even though half of me is screaming Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 1 in 28ga! That would be a lot of fun too. But maybe later, right now I can't help but think, this would be a bit more practical

I'll let you all know!

Welcome to the forum.
    Drift thanked this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links