PS90 Noob Help

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree21Thanks

Thread: PS90 Noob Help

PS90 Noob Help

Hello everyone,

It's time! I've wanted a PS90 for some time, but have just never been able to justify the purchase. The fact that it's a relatively expensive weapon, and yet another caliber that'll need stocking was one thing. That it's such a niche weapon never helped either. But things have changed for me, and that "niche" is now something that's become somewhat desirable. There is a gap between my EDC pistols and my rifles. This is where I hope the PS90 will shine I figure. It's time. But I don't need to sell you on that do I lol?

About me: I'm just a regular 6" 2" 200lb guy who CC's a pistol every day in the American Midwest. My truck gun is a 30-30. I have a young family, a dog and a cat. Of some interest, I live between two locations, about 3.5 hours drive apart. One is very urban, the other is very rural... and very remote with wide open spaces.

Anyway, I am intending to order my PS90 this coming Monday (today's Sat). I've never been able to handle one. No one where I live stocks one. Everything I know about the PS90 I know via the internet. I'm going for it on a whim - And this is where I could use your help.

* I know nothing about red dot sights. I am assuming that this is the prefered sighting method with the PS90. Should I get the one with the Red Dot included, or buy my own. From what I have read, FN's red dot is a "projected" dot, and that sometimes that isn't the best for people with an eye astigmatism - which I have. Or is there something better?

** Anything you wish you had done before you bought or even after you bought would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading. And thanks for your help. I'm pretty excited!

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    To the Forum! I would order one with the Red Dot already installed initial start up would be cheaper for you and stock up on ammunition because they are mighty hungry critters if you find you do not like the factory optic you can change it and go with a Design Machine mount and a optic of your choice later on down the road. Good luck! in your decision.
    Drift, Rangerone, mjk1 and 4 others thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by LESTER View Post
    To the Forum! I would order one with the Red Dot already installed initial start up would be cheaper for you and stock up on ammunition because they are mighty hungry critters if you find you do not like the factory optic you can change it and go with a Design Machine mount and a optic of your choice later on down the road. Good luck! in your decision.
    That's sound enough reasoning to me. Thank you Lester.
    LESTER thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

If it comes with the factory peep sight, you need to order an optic and optic mount at the same as the gun. The factory peep sight is terrible and should be removed asap.

If you're willing to spend some cash, look at an Aimpoint micro T1 or T2 using a Design Machine mount. if you want to spend less, check out a Primary Arms red dot. Very nice for the money.

The Delta Point Pro is a great sight, but I'm not sure if Duane @ Design Machine makes a mount for it yet.
    Drift thanked this.

Thanks Box4. I'm going to do everything I can to avoid getting the factory peep sight. I know for a fact my eyes wouldn't do well with it.

And thanks for the recommendations. Those Aimpoints look awesome - but expensive! I would hate to buy one and not like it lol!! I'll look into the Primary Arms.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Congrats on your purchase! you won't be disappointed! If your eyesight is as bad as mine you might consider a mini ACOG 4x sight. CIMG5722.jpg CIMG5599.jpg
    LESTER and Drift thanked this.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Drift,
    Welcome to the forum, the quest for which optic to run on the PS's has plagued many a member. In the Kave it's a " dynamic " state of ownership... I run 3 different optics. I have Design Machines mount which " I believe " is an excellent piece of craftsmanship for my T1 -2MOA.
    I have a FN Black Reticle w/ REM T3 upgrade ( hard to beat that product also ) .... M1P90's creation above. It solves many issues while not interfering with original product function. The problem I have with the OEM Black reticle's is that every one I have purchased were always in a declining state... ( getting weak ).
    Then finally I run a FN OEM Red Dot. Now this site seems to be in a state of controversy... some guy's like them some guy's have issues with them. I have had one on my " test " gun for many years at this point and other than the battery dying it was worked well for me.
    I have always wanted to add a baby ACOG ... but never could get a used one at a decent price. The PWS & Holosun's look interesting for the cost and word on the street is they hold up well.

It seems that I'm always looking at PS optic choices ... !

Chris ( above ) makes a very good point ... I too have an eye issue . Specifically this one....below. That's why I " Double Tap " ....LOL
    https://www.aao.org/eye-health/disea...is-astigmatism
    M1P90, Drift and LESTER thanked this.
    ORIGINALLY POSTED By " akitainu " As soon as my wife lifts our household arms embargo I will have one "

Project Warpath " Hillary Clinton Killed my Friends "..... !

Thanks for the warm welcome and great advice guys! I have to be honest, I'm all over the place on this now. I've never shot this system, or these type of sights before and am going in blind.

I'm sure it'll all work out but as everyone here knows, bad sights suck, but expensive and new isn't always better.
    LESTER thanked this.

where do you live? perhaps you might be close enough to try a willing members out to see if what they have works for you.
    LESTER and Drift thanked this.

One more option to add to the mix... TROS mount w/Aimpoint Comp M2. Wide field of view, tough as nails and cheek weld is perfect with the low mount. Welcome to the fold... the PS90 is an amazing rifle!

Regarding things I wish I had done there is only one. Wish I had purchased this rifle before July 12 of last year so I could've submitted a Form 1 and made it an SBR, without all the Post-41F hoops! I still will soon, along with a few other stragglers.
    Last edited by FS2KSTD; 06-18-2017 at 02:46 PM.
    Drift and LESTER thanked this.
    Μολὼν λάβε

"Basic safety...it ain't quantum physics." ~akitainu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links