CMMG 22lr conversion kit and 5.7x28mm conversion future

FN Forum

CMMG 22lr conversion kit and 5.7x28mm conversion future

Talked to CMMG and FNHusa at the NRA convention.

FNHusa says they have some plans in the works for the PS90 and FN 57, but they wouldn't budge on 22lr conversions. Just 5.7 ammo "news".

CMMG: I spent about 15 minutes talking to the guy there (great interaction). They own the patent for any 5.7x28 to 22lr. So FNHusa is stone walled on doing it. But CMMG wants to find a company to take the 22lr conversion kit and put it out to a manufacture. Told them to please talk to FNH. Also put forth a FN 57 conversion and the eyes brightened up. Was told that wouldn't be too hard at all. Might have struck up something there

CMMG told me they have had great interaction and repoire with FNH, so if they are talking, I am have high hopes.

That would be sooooo cool, like others I've seen the discussions on this kit for some time. I'm personally not that hopefully though, I'm the guy who when he goes to the grocery the lady in front of me ALWAYS pays in change and has coupons, plus I'm 59 so if it does happen it will certainly be long after I'm dead.

Want to know about suppressors ?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Small updated. Talked to FN again. Apparently they want to do everything in house, so the patent owned by CMMG might have some bumps there. Not sure what to make of that. I made sure I talked to the FN man that the conversion idea is something that should be explored due to popularity of the idea.

I also missed one of the guys here. Was around yesterday. Site owner/mod I believe.

what was their 5.7 ammo news? They going to come out with some rounds to finally compete with EA?

Check appropriate forum. I posted it under 5.7 ammo forum.

Links